Trusted Contributor

Re: Is it time to break up with Mally?

I know she has good deals on the Q for some of her products but Ulta sells her products too and then you can take it back quite easily if it isn't good.  Thats why I use Ulta and Sephora for all of my makeup needs because I know if it doesn't work out or isn't good for whatever reason, they take it back and I don't have to pay return S&H.  You might try Ulta if you have one close by. 

Trusted Contributor

@MopsyGirl wrote:

I don't use her mascara, so I can't really speak to that. But I'm incredibly frustrated that she keeps introducing products and then discontinuing them. Three that I use regularly: the eyebrow pencil that came in the kit with the pink travel bag; taupe evercolor shadow; and the dual core lipstick. These three items are seriously HG for me but none of them are available anywhere now! So frustrating!

Sorry to hear that. The dual core lipsticks (all three shades) are for sale at my local Ulta.  

Honored Contributor

@MopsyGirl wrote:

I don't use her mascara, so I can't really speak to that. But I'm incredibly frustrated that she keeps introducing products and then discontinuing them. Three that I use regularly: the eyebrow pencil that came in the kit with the pink travel bag; taupe evercolor shadow; and the dual core lipstick. These three items are seriously HG for me but none of them are available anywhere now! So frustrating!

Yeah, she does alot of short term products, same with Tarte. I am surprised she got rid of the taupe evercolor eyeshadow though as that has been a standard color for a looong time and is the favorite of many. There are so many colors that she could have gotten rid of that are less popular-taupe is always a popular shadow color in most lines!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fressa wrote:

I was on a quest for years to find a mascara that performed liked Mally's volumne mascara does for me. I was so upset when I read about the bankrupcy filing. I didn't order any more products from the line because I assumed that they had stopped production and was selling off the inventory in stock. I did order other brands to try until all of  the $$ stuff was handled. I'm hoping they do not change formulas but this usually happens. I have been really pleased with the Bobbi Brown line of products but I do think that Mally's mascara was a bit bett er.     

Bankruptcy rarely mean "going out of business", but it depends on other factors. It does relieve the person from paying all debts.

Concerning the mascara, I have it on great authority that Mally is correct. If undisturbed, and kept sanitary, mascara can last up to 6-7 years if unopened. Use as needed. I number my tubes so I use them in order so I don't mistake a tube as being already opened or previously used. I also write the purchase date on the tubes. I keep the handle part and tip (seal) area very clean and dry. I wipe it off often and don't lay it on the countertop without a towel or something under it. Never had eye problems.

However, you NEVER, NEVER "Pump" a mascara wand . It will thicken and dry up the formula. Use as it naturally comes out of the tube. "Pumping" shortens the life and quality of it as well as let's air in to dry it, and possible bacteria.

Never had a single problem and I have worn it upper and lower every day for almost 54 years!  Love Mally's better than ANY brand I have ever used for volume and quick, good coverage. I have bought the very cheapest to the world's most expensive in another country. Mally wins hands down for me!Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

I tried using Mally mascara and I must have an allergy b/c I  developed an infection.  I like Armani, Hourglass and Bobbi Brown mascaras.

Regular Contributor

Well Dior show is out for me. Took me too long and did not get anywhere the length I do with Mallys. Even clumpy I like Mallys better. I will still be in search for my new HG

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Yeah, she does alot of short term products, same with Tarte. I am surprised she got rid of the taupe evercolor eyeshadow though as that has been a standard color for a looong time and is the favorite of many. There are so many colors that she could have gotten rid of that are less popular-taupe is always a popular shadow color in most lines!

The taupe eyeshadow stick is the perfect shade!! Love it!! 

Regular Contributor

I'm still in search of a replacement. Anyone have suggestions?