Respected Contributor

Re: Is SKINN all it's cracked up to be?

Agree with Wagirl, I have oily, sensitive skin. I started with the masks, deep pore immediately followed with the wrinkle soak! Fabulous, really evened out my skin tone! Stem regens, yes! Acts as a nice moisturizer. I also use my Clarisonic. I used SSC before....no results like this line gives me. Speaking of Skinn I think I will do a mask this morning.Smiley Happy. Remember not everything works on your skin. So start slow, the TS is a great start. But if you have oily skin, the moisturizer in the kit may be too much. Use on your neck and décolleté
Esteemed Contributor

I appreciate the fact that Dimitri talks about all the ingredients - tells what ingredients in each product, what the ingredients do, why he included them, etc. He's enthusiastic and explains all the products and steps -- and the tells the same stories over and over until I'm sick of them! Dimitri runs the factory and makes his own products -- what other skin care company on shopping channels can say that? He creates the products, tests the products, manufactures the products, and sells the products. A one-man band.

I've tried some of his products - l loved some, didn't love others. Everyone's skin is different and will react differently. I highly recommend the AM/PM cleansers, Hand Restore, Brightside Spot Treatment, Dermappeel, and Lip 6X. His cleansers are a good place to start.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I've not had much luck with Skinn products EXCEPT the cleanser (PM, not AM) and the Bright Eyes. I most definitely cannot use any of this creams, no matter how little I use they just do not absorb not even after using his enriched softening essence which is supposed to help enhance product absorption.

I watched just a bit of his presentations this time around, and really couldn't listen to one more urging to buy 3, 4 or 5 of his TSV kit.

Respected Contributor

I love Skinn Collagenase Stem Rejen, the dermapeel and the cleansers. I have been very satisfied with my skin and I get lot of compliments on my skin even at age 56. I would try it. I don't use everything but what I use I like.
Respected Contributor

I have pretty much backed away from other lines and am strictly a Skinn person. Started with SKinn almost 2 years ago and pleased with my results. I don't think that any line will get rid of aging that is already set in. However, Skinn has helped my dry skin which in turn does help me to look a little better. After 64 years of exposing my body to the environment nothing other than a procedure will perform miracles. His Collagenesis line is emollient so a little goes a long way. I won't lie and say that I don't look my age. However, I have aged well when I see other women my age.

Super Contributor

Deb, like everyone else has said, you really have to try his products to see for yourself.

Personally I'm a believer. I'm 63, but look 43. I have olive skin, that's combo, but does get dry in the winter. I also have very sensitive skin, & have found that all the treatments & make-up/lipsticks are very well accepted & don't cause itching, rash etc.

I have been using Skinn Since Jan/Feb of this year.

Has it made a difference in my skin, absolutely.

I use the entire Collagenesis line, including ALL the serums (included in TTV), I only use the moisturizers in the winter as they're too heavy for me in the summer.

The single item that has made a huge difference is Chin-Up. I use both, the Blue (Firm/Lift&Tone) & Yellow (Redensify). I also do the tapping under my chin 2X per day.

I can't believe how much better/firmer the skin is under my chin. It really looks like I've "had some work done". My friends have even commented on how much better it works.

The only products that have not worked for me are the Lip Stem Rejen (see no improvement) & the Bright Side Spot Treatment (no results after 3 months of use).

I also have not seen any results with the Resurfacing Concentrate or Deep Line Erasing Serum after using for 6 months.

You should definitely try the TTV since it has all the core serums @a fabulous price.

You should also get Dermappeal & Orchid Gel, as they are also Must Have Products.

I use the cleansers but don't love them the way others do.

I know it sounds confusing @first, but once you start with the serums, moisturizers etc. you get in the habit of using them & it will become second nature to you.

I went into Skinn with the idea that if it worked great, because the prices were so good. I have probably tried every wrinkle cream on the market, low & high prices & have to say that for the money & the ingredients that you get, you can't beat Skinn...Worth a try.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

As you are a beginner with SKINN, it probably would feel a bit overwhelming when you see all the products available. You mentioned in your OP about the "mixing of cocktails", etc.

If I were you, I wouldn't start with those kinds of products in the SKINN line. Like others have suggested, the TTV is a great value and an excellent place to begin.

If you see positive results with this kit, then you may want to possibly explore the rest of the line. (Including the more advanced "cocktails" of which you mention.)

Respected Contributor

I'm seeing lots of recommendations for the Dermappeal. Word of caution with that product - if you have any sensitivity to menthol (be it with contact or the scent) you will not be happy with dermappeal. I generally am not sensitive to menthol, but it is so strong in this product, I couldn't handle it.

Super Contributor

On 9/20/2014 Colonel Meow said:

As you are a beginner with SKINN, it probably would feel a bit overwhelming when you see all the products available. You mentioned in your OP about the "mixing of cocktails", etc.

If I were you, I wouldn't start with those kinds of products in the SKINN line. Like others have suggested, the TTV is a great value and an excellent place to begin.

If you see positive results with this kit, then you may want to possibly explore the rest of the line. (Including the more advanced "cocktails" of which you mention.)

Excellent advice!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

I've ordered quite a bit from this line and have returned every item except the Enriched Softening Essence - Pre Treat & Hydrate Lotion. It is wonderful. It serves as a moisturizer/toner in my opinion. Absolutely no irritation. Can't vouch for anything else I purchased. Too many items/steps/kits - very confusing and unnecessary.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown