Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is Avon getting expensive??

Lots of Avon on ebay- that's where I buy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Effie54  I posted about a year ago that I was looking at their line of Mission Luxereve and was astonished at the price.  I can afford it but I choose not to.  The company may be trying to rebrand itself, but I always associated Avon with reasonably-priced skin care.  Maybe their should do a WW, aka Weight Watchers, and come up with a high-end moniker such as Rijeu, meaning the best time of your life.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I have a lot of trouble with dry hands and I just love the Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing and Repair Hand cream.  In the past, I have ordered it online from Avon, about 12 - 15 tubes at a time.  I use it every night.  

I am on my last tube and when I went to their dot com to order, It will not give me the sale price unless I pick a representative.  Since I do not want anyone I do not know having my information, I will no longer order from them and will find another hand cream.  

I have not paid any attention to their other items as I do not use them.  Those prices seem outrageous.  I have never found any other Avon items that are worth that amount of money.  Maybe they are reformulating and selling different quality products now.

If you have a Trader Joes close by they have some awsome hand creams.  First Aid Beauty hand creams are great as well.

Respected Contributor

I haven't purchased anything from Avon is a while, but the last time I saw a book I did notice how pricey it's become.

Respected Contributor

I hardly ever buy but I do like the bubble bath.  I just received my order the other day but purchased only sale items.  Prices were good but do not buy other items so I couldn't comment on those.

I just said find me a rep and ordered that way.  

I got the bug spray and half off now.  

Respected Contributor

I haven't purchased from them in a while so I didn't know they got bought out and are trying to appeal to more upscale customers. Since I'm trying to avoid buying from MLM's I'm staying away from them. Which is a shame since they do have a lot of nice products. But $22 for a lipstick when I used to pay under $10? No thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't know that.  I haven't been to Avon's website in a long time, but this is very disappointing.  I used to buy a lot of Avon because they had some fabulous products and, yes, they were reasonably priced.  There used to be an Avon store at our mall, so it was also convenient.   If Avon's "re-branding" and going the Korean route, I'm not interested at all.   (but I used to buy their Dramatic Firming Cream by the dozen!)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I did notice that Avon had become more expensive and was pushing sales through a rep.

I did not know that they had been purchased.  I used to enjoy buying when there was a rep at the office where I worked.  I am not interested in their expensive brands. 

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I have a lot of trouble with dry hands and I just love the Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing and Repair Hand cream.  In the past, I have ordered it online from Avon, about 12 - 15 tubes at a time.  I use it every night.  

I am on my last tube and when I went to their dot com to order, It will not give me the sale price unless I pick a representative.  Since I do not want anyone I do not know having my information, I will no longer order from them and will find another hand cream.  

I have not paid any attention to their other items as I do not use them.  Those prices seem outrageous.  I have never found any other Avon items that are worth that amount of money.  Maybe they are reformulating and selling different quality products now.

@4kitties  - Ebay has a lot of availability for the Moisture Therapy hand cream.  Why don't you purchase there instead of giving up the product?

Respected Contributor

I don't do PayPal and so many on eBay want that payment.  I am not sure I trust the beauty products from eBay either.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward