Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone noticed that LG purchased Avon Co., that the items are very pricy? Many of the older, more reasonably priced items are being phased out, in order to bring expensive Korean brands in. They do have some of the old stand bys for sure, but now they're selling face cream for $350.00. That's above my pay.

Respected Contributor

Re: Is Avon getting expensive??

I have a lot of trouble with dry hands and I just love the Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing and Repair Hand cream.  In the past, I have ordered it online from Avon, about 12 - 15 tubes at a time.  I use it every night.  

I am on my last tube and when I went to their dot com to order, It will not give me the sale price unless I pick a representative.  Since I do not want anyone I do not know having my information, I will no longer order from them and will find another hand cream.  

I have not paid any attention to their other items as I do not use them.  Those prices seem outrageous.  I have never found any other Avon items that are worth that amount of money.  Maybe they are reformulating and selling different quality products now.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

I have a lot of trouble with dry hands and I just love the Avon Moisture Therapy Intensive Healing and Repair Hand cream.  In the past, I have ordered it online from Avon, about 12 - 15 tubes at a time.  I use it every night.  

I am on my last tube and when I went to their dot com to order, It will not give me the sale price unless I pick a representative.  Since I do not want anyone I do not know having my information, I will no longer order from them and will find another hand cream.  

I have not paid any attention to their other items as I do not use them.  Those prices seem outrageous.  I have never found any other Avon items that are worth that amount of money.  Maybe they are reformulating and selling different quality products now.

I agree.....the US company was sold to LG of Korea. They're trying to brand Avon as the new Korean type of skin care. American women who buy Avon are usually over 40 and can't spend tons of money for thir products. 

Respected Contributor

Yes Avon is getting pricey....$22 lipsticks and not to mention the $1,000 Peacock 1886 limited edition bottle of "Charmed" on the last page of the catalog. Big jump in all prices.

Trusted Contributor

@Effie54 yes I have noticed that also.  I use their skin care but used to order other things too.  Will not be doing so that much anymore.

Respected Contributor

Wow!  If I were to spend that much money on beauty products, they would definitely not be Avon products.  

I will have to get over to their site and check them out again.  Just for laughs as I certainly will not be buying from them.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties 

I have had excellent results w/ First Aid Beauty hand cream....sold on Q and I am sure, elsewhere.

Especially if you have dry and sensitive skin.

Respected Contributor

This is a shame. I don't use face products from Korea; never bought into the hype and am waiting for the fad to pass. I got some great buys on SSS and different hand creams last winter. I used the website to shop and then contacted the rep I'd found when stopping for lunch at an antiques mall in my town. Her catalogs were on a table, I took one and browsed, and it turned out the rep was my waitress.

You can find a rep if you can find a catalog. I've seen catalogs pinned up on bulletin boards in supermarkets, the post office, and on literature racks in malls. They usually have the name and contact data of the rep somewhere on the front or back of the book. They just need your name and phone number, or that's all mine did. I paid her in cash when I picked up my orders at the restaurant.

Hope the prices come down, or they run some major sales, when I finally run out of SSS in 2027.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Yes Avon is getting pricey....$22 lipsticks and not to mention the $1,000 Peacock 1886 limited edition bottle of "Charmed" on the last page of the catalog. Big jump in all prices.

@silkyk 

image.png

On the website, it's $1200.00 if you aren't shopping with an Avon representative.

I recall selling Avon one summer when I was in college.

My, how times have changed.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

What I did notice - is that now you pay more unless you choose to "find a rep" to shop through.   

I just checked the products I usually buy - prices seem okay "through a rep."