Honored Contributor

Re: Is Anyone Using The Beachwaver?

@RespectLifeWell, I procrastionated enough and tried the beach waver.  

There were some instances where it got closer than I wanted and I turned it by hand to loosen it because the HOME button wasn't doing what I needed.  My hair does have product and a little hairspray in it today.

I got the sides done.  The back needs a little help.  Years ago, I put a mirror behind me when I stand at the main mirror so I can really see.  I have some short strands which have curled up beside my eye.

I spoke with a stylist when I got my color.  Her hair was amazing.  She said she washes it and styles it and goes to bed.  I really don't want to get all of this totally dry then style.  It would take half the night!  There must be an easier way.

Do you break up your curl the first day? 

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@RespectLifeWell, I procrastionated enough and tried the beach waver.  

There were some instances where it got closer than I wanted and I turned it by hand to loosen it because the HOME button wasn't doing what I needed.  My hair does have product and a little hairspray in it today.

I got the sides done.  The back needs a little help.  Years ago, I put a mirror behind me when I stand at the main mirror so I can really see.  I have some short strands which have curled up beside my eye.

I spoke with a stylist when I got my color.  Her hair was amazing.  She said she washes it and styles it and goes to bed.  I really don't want to get all of this totally dry then style.  It would take half the night!  There must be an easier way.

Do you break up your curl the first day? 

Thanks!

@ECBG

Are you set on the 'slow' turn?  There are 2 settings, slow and regular on the newer Beachwaver.  Slow will give you better control so you can stop b4 it gets too close to your head.

I never tough the HOME button while attached to my hair.  It is possible it will want to make more turns to get to the home position causing it to get tighter. 

After releasing, I may or may not hit home to get it back to the original position.

I almost never blow dry.  I wash early evening and let it air dry.  I don't go to bed w/ really wet hair.  I would have a huge mess if I did!  LOL  I try to wash before 7 pm and it is mostly dry b4 bed.

The next morning I curl.

I never touch the curls until I am all done.  Then I flip my head and run my fingers through.  I don't have to use hair spray...they actually last longer without.

I am pretty much a finger styler.  I try not to use a brush too often to cut down on breakage or damage.  Although, I must say, the Wen brushes are fantastic.  I don't hear it ripping through my hair like I did w/ my T-3 brushes which I use to think were great.

I clip up at night, and flip over the next morning and finger refresh my curls.

I might have mentioned, I divide my hair in half and work on each side, not actually the 'back'....when I do a back lower section...once curled, I flip it to my back as done.  Sometimes I will take a 'done' curl and clip it up to get it out of my way...adding more done curls as I go.

My top back is where most of my layers are.  I pull thos straight up and then curl.

Hope this helps!

It might take a few more trys to totally get the hang of it!  If not, Yeah for 30 days to return, right?

Have a good night!

Honored Contributor

@RespectLifeThank you so much for holding my hand.

I was on the slow speed when turning!  With my hair in lengths, it took different amounts of time to get there.  Using the Home button caused it to tighten.  No problem after years of curling irons.

I'll try breaking up the curl.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@RespectLifeThank you so much for holding my hand.

I was on the slow speed when turning!  With my hair in lengths, it took different amounts of time to get there.  Using the Home button caused it to tighten.  No problem after years of curling irons.

I'll try breaking up the curl.

@ECBG

LOL, That's really nice!  You are very welcome.  I hope I was able to help a little.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLifeSpit!  "Day two" hair wasn't there!Smiley Sad