Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I don't insult all that easily - so they can pretty much say that.

Do they think we're stupid?  Maybe not.  I remember years and years ago the cautions anout hair dyes causing cancer.  I never bought into that, but there were many, many who did.  I don't think they were stupid -  I don't know what experiences strangers have had.

I see many cautions on the Forums from fearful potentials users, but when I go read from a variety of science-based reports, I decide whether to be fearful or not.  Close to 100% of the time, I decide I'm safe but I understand why a vendor might pitch to the fearful in the buying public.

Wow....speechless.

Esteemed Contributor

I check in on all shopping channels, hanging out for less than 5 minutes.  Everywhere...... selling facial products, hair products.  And so many anti -aging using young models as examples.  

Respected Contributor

No problem.  My brain is already full of bad stuff.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  She might be right. Sounds like it does work.  Nothing got into her brain...she is clueless.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I don't insult all that easily - so they can pretty much say that.

Do they think we're stupid?  Maybe not.  I remember years and years ago the cautions anout hair dyes causing cancer.  I never bought into that, but there were many, many who did.  I don't think they were stupid -  I don't know what experiences strangers have had.

I see many cautions on the Forums from fearful potentials users, but when I go read from a variety of science-based reports, I decide whether to be fearful or not.  Close to 100% of the time, I decide I'm safe but I understand why a vendor might pitch to the fearful in the buying public.

@millieshops, I think you took my subject line a bit too literally. :-)

As for understanding why a vendor might pitch to the fearful in the buying public, I think it's one of two things (or both): The vendor is dim-witted, or the vendor is cleverly exploiting the buying public.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I guess that soap is the new thing replacing the Beekmans?  Saw a quick snippet and there was a woman w/hands in a bowl of suds just like the one who used to suds up in the plaid shirt.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I don't know how such claims can get past their legal department! 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Caveat Emptor!

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I happen to see a bit of the Ode beauty presentation today on Evine, and once again I am aghast how stupid some companies think we are.

Their vendor stated that if you use their hair products, you won't have to worry about bad stuff getting into your brain. Seriously.

Apparently she must not use it then.  Woman LOL