Frequent Contributor

In 2015, I vow to spend less on things I don't need! Anyone with me?

Since I am a beauty junkie, I decided to post in the Beauty Forum.

I have too many:

skincare items

makeup items

Haircare items

handbags

shoes

When I really look at my bathroom cabinet and my vanity, I'm embarrassed to have so many items. I vow to go back to basics. Not buy new items until I've finished up old ones or thrown them out. When I think about how much money I've spent...{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Does anyone want to join me? Maybe we can help each other out.

Regular Contributor

Re: In 2015, I vow to spend less on things I don't need! Anyone with me?

Count me in

Respected Contributor

Absolutely!!

Respected Contributor

Yes
Respected Contributor

It makes me sick to see all the 'stuff' around my house. As of January 1, 2015, I will be purchasing needs only. I have to take this one day at a time and will say that I will do this for 30 days (one month) to start. It's like developing a habit--it takes 21 days to change your behavior and establish new behaviors. There are several things driving this--financial, emotional and physical (I only have so much space), so I need to be successful this year. So count me in too. Maybe we could name our check in thread "Simplify 2015" or something like that? So I know what I'm looking for when I come here until I get to know everyone.

Honored Contributor

I don't plan to spend less on what I don't need. I plan to not buy it in the first place. I can get caught up in a clothing sale and end up with things that don't go with anything. It's better for me to buy one thing that fills a void, no matter the cost, than to buy three that miss the mark.
Frequent Contributor

I think this all hit me when I redid my closet and my husband helped me. He saw all my "stashes". He didn't say anything, but now he knows I buy stuff I DON'T NEED!

Thanks, ladies! We can do this and help each other out!

In so far:

3redheads

NixiePug

cuddlesmama

scatcat

DrKelli

Blacklablover

SoftRaindrops

Caligurll

travelin grandma

Respected Contributor

Once I realized I became a Rouge member at Sephora, I vowed to myself to lose my status.{#emotions_dlg.blushing}What I bought was not worth it and most of it went into the trash.

Frequent Contributor

Count me in! I can open a store of my own! lol

Honored Contributor

I started that finish a product before I buy anything new in that category: blush, mascara ect..

It has been going on for about five years now and my empty finished product means being turned upside down for all night to get every drop out. Last night I finally threw out a bottle of Olay moisturizer after having it stand upside down on bathroom counter for a few weeks. Once I started saving the money on not shopping I wanted to spend even less. I love the extra room in my make-up bag and medicine cabinet.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."