Frequent Contributor

Laura Mercier or Jane Iredale

I need a full coverage foundation and am torn between Jane Iredale BB cream (no testing on animals) and Laura Mercier silk cream foundation, which as a ton of ingredients. I am 64 very sensitive with broken capallaries on my face and nose. Have dry skin. I use Kate Somerville skincare. Does anyone have experience with either of these products. I current have Chanel Vitalumere which is a nice finish but not enough coverage. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier or Jane Iredale

I've used Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation for about 15 years. I can't imagine ever changing. I have mild rosacea, and this is a perfect foundation for that. I think it would work well for your broken capillaries. It's a very buildable coverage.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I really think if are looking at Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation, then Jane Iredale's BB cream is a runner up. No BB cream can match the coverage one gets from a "real" foundation. Laura's Silk Creme is an excellent choice. I assume you are not interested in Iredale's mineral foundations which are nice for sensitive skins, and you can control how much coverage you get.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for your replies I was leaning toward Jane iredale with her primer, bb cream and mineral powder since there are fewer ingredients for my sensitive skin, but I was hoping to hear from someone who uses JI and how they like it. I'm going to try to get samples. I know LM users are pleased. I tried Estee Lauder double wear but it was like wearing a mask.

Honored Contributor

To add to my previous post, another nice thing about LM is that you don't look or feel like you're wearing a lot of foundation. It looks very natural. I do hope you can get a sample of this before you make up your mind. I have sensitive skin, too, and am not at all sensitive to this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

On 1/3/2015 Trix said:

I really think if are looking at Laura Mercier's Silk Creme foundation, then Jane Iredale's BB cream is a runner up. No BB cream can match the coverage one gets from a "real" foundation. Laura's Silk Creme is an excellent choice. I assume you are not interested in Iredale's mineral foundations which are nice for sensitive skins, and you can control how much coverage you get.

From what I've read on the Jane Iredale site, her BB cream is described as "full coverage." I don't want to dissuade the OP from trying it, but I read a lot of reviews on Nordstrom's website that mentioned Jane Iredale's BB cream was too heavy and too thick, and several reviews compared it to being almost like stage makeup. Many reviews mentioned their skin felt and looked dry.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Occasional Contributor

I love Laura's Silk Creme! If you go to Laura Merciers counter at Macys or wherever they will give you samples! I love it!
Honored Contributor

You may want to think twice about a mineral powder. It is not attractive on mature women. I tried a mineral powder and got scared at the way it made me look. I returned it quickly. I own Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer oil-free and crème smooth foundation - love them both. When I use up the foundation, I will purchase LM's new Fluide foundation which is more light to med. coverage but looks like a second skin.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

There are some mineral makeups available today that really can work well for more mature skin. I know I read reviews on a few of them this week and the reviews all referenced that positive aspect (no settling in lines or pores) I would check JI (Dermstore sells Jane and they are having a 20% off special through either the 4th or 5th.) The code is listed on the front page of the Dermstore website.

If I recall correctly, Jane's line offers a variety of BB and tinted moisturizers so you may be able to find just what will work best for you.

Frequent Contributor

I use Jane Iredale. The BB cream is definitely full coverage for me. I also use the primer and mineral powder foundation in the summer. Whenever I switch to another line that has a lot of ingredients, I break out. Of course, the powders have less ingredients then the BB cream. I also use Dream Tint on days that I don't want to use foundation. The coverage is very minimal, but I use it with blush and finishing powder and it is ok on casual days for me. I am 60 years old and have always had problem skin.