Honored Contributor

If I Hear the Word "Collab" One More Time!

Is this the word for 2021?  It's everywhere and especially in the beauty industry.  Makeup companies are xxxing with Disney characters, movies, tv shows and now board games!  Welcome to BOBBIE BROWN X Monopoly (SMH)

In other news, Robert Welsh has been nominated for an American influencer award...“International makeup artist of the year” WHAT??  But his skincare guru brother James has NOT been nominated Smiley Surprised  It's rigged.

Highlighted
QVC Customer Care

Re: If I Hear the Word "Collab" One More Time!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is challenging moderation

Respected Contributor

I think I'm pretty well read, I get the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Guardian every day, I read the daily mail.co.uk and very am very much in the world and I've never heard of the word or any of the people you have mentioned other than Bobbie Brown.  What does that mean?

Respected Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I think I'm pretty well read, I get the New York Times, the Washington Post, and the Guardian every day, I read the daily mail.co.uk and very am very much in the world and I've never heard of the word or any of the people you have mentioned other than Bobbie Brown.  What does that mean?

Same here - I've never heard this word.  

Trusted Contributor

It's nothing new, it's been done in the fashion and music industry for years now.  Music artists are always collaborating with others. I t's just a hot buzz word, 2021 is probably the year "collabs" hit the makeup industry big .

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum 

It might mean  you're not as well read as you thought???  

You have never heard of the word collaboration??  Here is the meaning since the word is new to you Smiley Surprised

Collaboration is a working practice whereby individuals work together for a common purpose to achieve business benefit. Collaboration enables individuals to work together to achieve a defined and common business purpose.

Collab is short for collaboration.  Like mod is short for moderator.  Lab for laboratory.  Limo for limousine.  Legit for legitimate.  Rehab for rehabilitation.  Uni for university (in some parts of the world).  Veggie for vegetable.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@Bhvbum 

It might mean  you're not as well read as you thought???  

You have never heard of the word collaboration??  Here is the meaning since the word is new to you Smiley Surprised

Collaboration is a working practice whereby individuals work together for a common purpose to achieve business benefit. Collaboration enables individuals to work together to achieve a defined and common business purpose.

Collab is short for collaboration.  Like mod is short for moderator.  Lab for laboratory.  Limo for limousine.  Legit for legitimate.  Rehab for rehabilitation.  Uni for university (in some parts of the world).  Veggie for vegetable.

Glory be, LOL, of course I've heard of collaboration, and of course colab is a shortened version.

Collaboration is a very common word. I've just never heard the term "colab" and certainly not being used all the time ad nauseam. I don't spend my time dissecting the beauty industry news.

Honored Contributor

@decaf 

Yes.  Came back to basically say the same thing you just said.  Nothing new and not exclusive to the beauty market but it is a buzz word on You Tube for sure for 2020-2021.

Respected Contributor

Maybe because with the internet you can "collab" so easily!

You don't even have to look at someone or actually talk to them.

You can just send emails back & forth & BAM!

I have noticed it mostly in music & I suppose it's cool, but I get disappointed when someone that I really like & respect, collabs with someone I really don't like or respect. It's probably good from a business point to get 2 totally different type people on a song & introduce them to a new group of people?

I would probably buy a Mac Monopoly game.