Contributor

IT Cosmetics serums - difference?

Are the two serums, the #50 and Feel the Moment, meant to be used together, one a.m. and one p.m., or choose one or the other? I've looked on their web site and read everything I can find on the two but still don't know. They both seem to be anti aging and increase hydration.

I love the IT products I have and would like to try one of these, or both if that would give the best results, but it would be nice to know how to choose.

Thanks for any help!

Honored Contributor

Re: IT Cosmetics serums - difference?

My understanding is that the Feel the Moment is more of a primer. I have it and it's a very thick, strongly botanical scented product. You only need one drop for your entire face. Ulta is having the No.50 on sale next week on one of their One Day sales - think it's the 2nd. It gets good reviews so, for the price, I'm going to try an get some on the sale.

Super Contributor

I've tried both. I agree with Jean Louise that Feel the Moment is thick, with a strong botanical component. I didn't like it at all. In fact I immediately washed it off the back of my hand. Never got near my face.

I use #50 as a primer under my MU. I like it a great deal. It isn't as thick or highly scented. I sometimes use #50 as a moisturizer at night with my other serums. But primarily I use it as a primer.

I like #50 very much and highly recommend it.

Contributor

Thanks for the information! The No. 50 being in the Ulta sale sure makes that an easy decision to make - will definitely get it there. Thank you for mentioning that! The Feel the Moment can go on my wish list, after all the other products I want to try! Thanks again!

Regular Contributor

I have the #50 and really like that one, it is light and absorbs very quickly. It doesn't feel heavy or seem to "sit" on top of the skin the way I find other primers do. I also am excited for the Ulta sale, plan to buy an extra at this great price! I feel like it actually moisturizes my skin, lightly.

I have played with the feel the moment one at Ulta on the back of my hand. It is completely different, very oily, ad heavy, did not absorb. I didn't like it as a primer. I may have used way too much though. I will stick to the #50.

Contributor

Oh, awesome - thanks so much for your comments. My skin is sensitive so it sounds like the No. 50 will be the better one. Can't believe it's the one that will be on sale - that never happens!

Thanks for your time.

Super Contributor

On 3/28/2014 grinaday said:

Oh, awesome - thanks so much for your comments. My skin is sensitive so it sounds like the No. 50 will be the better one. Can't believe it's the one that will be on sale - that never happens!

Thanks for your time.

Grinaday, if you have sensitive skin I would definitely NOT recommend Feel the Moment. I think the botanicals are totally overwhelming.

Now Jamie also loaded #50 with botanicals but to a lesser degree. If you are buying online without first trying it, I would just recommend that you hold on to your receipt.....just to be safe.

Good luck! Hope you enjoy your new IT purchase. I think primers make a big difference in how well our foundation looks and lasts the day.

Contributor

IrishRose - thank you for the advice, will definitely keep the receipt. New products are such fun to try but can cause issues, I know. The IT TSV with the CC cream really sold me on the line but sometimes I forget to proceed with caution, so your comment is very helpful!!

Honored Contributor

If it makes any difference, I noticed that the No.50 is currently being offered on the Q for 2 Easy Pays, and the A/D is for every 90 days for as long as you remain in the plan, meaning not a limited amount of shipments. With the current discounted shipping, that plan might be attractive to someone (like me! LOL)

Offer expires 04-05-14