Honored Contributor

Re: I will miss wearing a mask because........

@Another new name Sue wrote:

A mask did give protection from the sun, which causes wrinkles and skin cancer, over a good portion of your face.

@Another new name Sue   ....BUT, my biggest issue is that if I enter a place that requires a mask, come back in the car to remove the mask, it has also removed my SPF, so yes, I have had gotten sunburned in that area on the way home. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Who said we stop wearing a mask?

@Katcat1   Although our state doesn't require the masks, some stores and situations still require it. It's quite confusing and I always need to have a mask with me.

Honored Contributor

@CherryHugs wrote:

when i stop wearing one i will miss not having to put on makeup. Woman Happy

@CherryHugs   Many women miss their makeup and so many seem to have gotten used to wearing none or very little and will continue to do so. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I do plan on wearing a mask when I grocery shop especially in the fall/winter months when a lot of people are sick.  I take medicine that suppresses my immune system so I can catch sickness easily.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I am vaccinated and feel very safe without one. Hope that we don't have to go back at anytime in the future. However, It was nice to run out without makeup. lol!

Honored Contributor

There is absolutely no reason I would ever miss wearing a mask, Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

I must be the only one who loved the masks. I am still wearing one by choice.

Between glasses and a mask, hair up in a bun because I have not had it trimmed in forever no one sees me Smiley Happy No stopping in stores or post office to chat with someone.

Not wearing makeup has improved my skin. I don't want to wear it anymore but without the mask and glasses I know I need at least a light foundation to correct discolorations.

Love it! Gained a lot of time with no make up and a scrunchy. I did get dressed though if I went out. I saw way to many people out in their pajama's, which is fine for them, but I need to at least be dressed LOL

Honored Contributor

What's cool is you can still wear one whenever you want. The pandemic normalized mask wearing.

So if you're in a hurry, go ahead and pop on a mask instead of doing your makeup if that makes it easier. We all have different comfort levels with going without makeup or with possible facial hair on display etc.

In the same way that you don't have to wear a mask in many places, no one can say boo to you if you do want to wear one.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

It's easier to duck people when wearing the mask. Especially when you add a hat and glasses.

Honored Contributor

I was once roundly mocked for posting that I was hiding behind my mask.  I failed to give the reason, and that is all the wrinkles on my face are around my mouth.  I've been working on them but my mouth is still much worse than my eye area.  I've heard our state will be totally mask free by the beginning of July.  So parting with my mask will be bittersweet.