Regular Contributor

I tightlined my hooded eyes and it looks great!

From watching Wayne Goss and Makeupgeek on YouTube and reading posts here, I finally can tightline my top lashes and it looks great. Previously I tried my UB 24/7 pencil but it transferred to bottom waterline, where I use Stila Kajal Topaz liner to open my eyes. I bought the Laura Mercier flat liner at Nordstrom.com and paid more than I wanted but I wanted the best. From Ebay I got a reasonably priced Laura Mercier tightline cake in Marine Blue. It's been 3 hours and the liner is still on the top with no transfer to the bottom, YAY! I am still working on deciding whether I am lining the top lashes. There are mixed reviews on whether to line hooded eyes plus one of my eyes is more hooded. I definitely want a thin liner up against the lashes. I have all pencil liners and am trying for the first time Clinique cream base and it doesn't look good. I don't think I want the color of the Laura Mercier navy on the top lashes, but I am going to try it. Maybe I will get another color of the Laura Mercier cake liner, but I don't know whether to try the tightline or the regular cake on the top. I am happy to have mastered the tightlining with the right brush and liner pot.