Occasional Contributor

I'm not sold on WEN, so please enlighten me!

Let me start by saying I have NOT taken the plunge into WEN. I have appx. 1/3 - 1/2 gray hair that hits the middle of my shoulder blades. Before the gray, I had a lot of very fine, flat, "slick" hair that was about average in terms of dry/oily. Now, mixed in with that hair is the frizzy, dry gray. I like the gray for the most part - the color and added texture. I don't like the frizz. So, I have been contemplating WEN. My concerns are: 1) Cost for my length of hair 2) Clogged drains - I've read some of the threads in this forum that indicate this is a problem 3) The presence of silicone in all of the formulas. I am wary about the silicones the most as I feel that Chaz deliberately fails to mention that while his formulas may have all sorts of extracts, the shiny, smooth hair is actually a result of silicone (which might also explain the clogged drains!). I don't want my hair to be greasy. I don't want silicone build-up considering most silicones are not water soluble and actually prevent moisture from reaching the hair or skin. So, is there a formula of WEN that will work on my combo-fine-gray-frizzy hair that won't weigh it down and make it look limp and greasy or actually dry it out worse? I am not here to bash WEN - I just want information. Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm not sold on WEN, so please enlighten me!

Wen brightens your grays. My grays are brilliant, and I noticed that after I started using Wen.

Silicones can be your friend if you let them. They boost moisture retention, minimize frizz, add shine and prevent single strand knots on curly hair. Why would you be wary of them?

As for the cost, you can afford what you can afford. I don't think any of us are putting bills to the back burner to buy Wen. If you buy a line of hair products every month or two, you can buy Wen instead.

If your drains are going to clog, they will do so regardless of whether or not you use Wen.

Finding the right formula for your hair can be fun and challenging. Once you find it, you will be in love!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

First off, from reading your post you seem to have already to have made up your mind. So what is it you are asking us?

Respected Contributor

On 6/11/2014 woodyend said:

First off, from reading your post you seem to have already to have made up your mind. So what is it you are asking us?

I agree with you. Decision sounds like it has been made and what could these boards tell you that you haven't heard on QVC on air demos and calls.

Respected Contributor

On 6/11/2014 woodyend said:

I believe she asked her questions: So, is there a formula of WEN that will work on my combo-fine-gray-frizzy hair that won't weigh it down and make it look limp and greasy or actually dry it out worse?

Honored Contributor

You want us to get into a he said, she said debate about clogged drains? As for cost, you know your budget, either you can afford it or you can't. No one here can answer that for you. As for the silicones, sounds like you need to do more research on the specific ones in Wen and if those are an issue with your hair. If you still want to try Wen, your best bet is the discovery kit A219409.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Hey Lisa, would you buy any product that you thought would stop up your drains?

Valued Contributor

On 6/11/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:
On 6/11/2014 woodyend said: <p class="MsoNormal">First off, from reading your post you seem to have already to have made up your mind. So what is it you are asking us?

I believe she asked her questions: So, is there a formula of WEN that will work on my combo-fine-gray-frizzy hair that won't weigh it down and make it look limp and greasy or actually dry it out worse?

What I read was she did a lot of research about Wen and drains, but not on what CC is best on her type of hair.

Contributor

Sweet Almond Mint is the universal formula that is sold worldwide. That works with all hair types. POM is also universal ~ it is frothy and some like it because of that since they have a hard time giving up lather. Both are very good starters. I personally love Tea Tree, Bamboo Green Tea and Sweet Almond Mint.

No need to be concerned about clogged drains ~ unless regular shampoo/conditioner have clogged your drains in the past. Then maybe WEN could as well.

In regards to cost ~ that really is a personal choice for you to make. It's very similar to buying top salon brands. If you are used to using suave and paying those prices you will most likely feel WEN is expensive. If you usually use top brands, WEN is right in line with those. Some people cleanse less with WEN though so it actually saves them money.

I can not say enough about WEN. It has truly changed my hair for the better. I did read all the negative things and will admit they freaked me out into thinking crazy things but when I stopped thinking the worst and really gave WEN a fair chance I was able to see how well it works (for me). Everything will not work for everyone but for me and my hair WEN has done wonders!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Super Contributor

There's a ton of information about WEN - QVC has how to use guides, chazdean.com has information, there's a lot of information on this forum, a lot of discussion about what formula works for frizzy hair, why using WEN correctly doesn't weigh your hair down, make it greasy or dry.

Sounds like you have already read quite a bit. If you haven't already made a decision, you can't expect any on the forum to make it for you. You know what you can afford, you know whether a little more expense for your hair to look great is worth it to you - no one can decide that for you.