Honored Contributor
On 6/8/2014 sundrops said: Ok, here's the skinny on my first use of the epilator. I only did my upper lip and chin. There is a learning curve for me. It didn't grab every hair that I wanted out because I need to work on the angulation. But I would say over 90% of the coarse black hairs that I usually tweeze are gone! Very smooth feeling afterwards and a little bit red. I'm very happy with it and will continue onward.
use a good light source and go in the opposite direction that they hair is laying.I find that not pressing hard and using a gentle skimming glide that you actually grab more hair that way.
Contributor

I can deal with the pain and the red bumps after using it but it doesn't remove all the hair and it only works when its plugged into the charger. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?????????

Respected Contributor
On 6/7/2014 Shaunac said: Am I the only one who thinks this thing is a torture device? I find it to be really painful.
You are not the only one. I prefer shaving, which for me is quick, easy, and painless.
Trusted Contributor

You are too cute, Bunjetto {#emotions_dlg.lol} I can just picture you now making dinner (or other chores) with epilator in hand!!! Don't think I've ever read of anyone loving an epilator with quite your enthusiasm {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Super Contributor
On 6/8/2014 Iwantcoffee said:
On 6/7/2014 Shaunac said: Am I the only one who thinks this thing is a torture device? I find it to be really painful.
You are not the only one. I prefer shaving, which for me is quick, easy, and painless.

Add me to the list. I still recall the torture just thinking about my first experience with one years ago.

Super Contributor

No, I've seen others who find it too painful, too.

It's really true that you build up a tolerance, but if you can't tolerate it until that point, it's not for you. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Super Contributor

Me, too, brunjetto!! I'm a new convert. I have rarely been so immediately impressed by a product -- and this exceeded my hopes and expectations!

I didn't even consider an epilator because of my experience (in the 90's!) with Epilady. It really did NOT do a good job. And when people here would rave about epilating I'd thing "seriously??".

But is from a different century than that old coil thing. I just wanted it for my face and it is PERFECT! Now I'm eyeing my arms and my legs because I'd love to feel this smooth all over.

Question: Is it preferable to rid of the hair and wait for some regrowth on my arms before using, or is it okay to just do it with the normal length of hair? Thx!

Super Contributor
On 6/7/2014 Andreatoo said: it may be uncomfortable but it sure is nice to do something effective that actually lasts for a while

AMEN!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I am interested, particularly for facial hair. What is the number for this epilator?

Contributor

So am I, bunjetto! I thought I would be brave and give the Emjoi a try, and I am SHOCKED at how happy I am with it. I admit, I have a fairly high tolerance for pain, but it did not hurt at all on my arms, legs or along my jawline and chin. It did hurt above my lip, but I used the guard and that made a huge difference.