Trusted Contributor

Keep in mind that length isn't the only criteria when you determine the amount of product. If you have short hair but it's coarse and thick you may need more product than someone else with very fine hair down to her shoulders. You can get guidance from all of us but it will still be a journey for you that is different from everyone else Smiley Happy

Please make sure to completely rinse out the first cleanse as that should take the dirt and excess oils with it. You can then leave some of the second cleanse in your hair if you need to. Search for Wen and Katia to find that YouTube video. They explain just how much hair Katia has!

KJPA
Trusted Contributor
On 3/24/2015 beach-mom said:

I'm one of the ones who balked at the leave in for a long time. Then I called Chaz' salon and talked to a stylist there. She said to use a pea-sized amount as my leave in. So that's what I'm doing. I just started mixing the styling cream with it. My hair is layered, a little above the shoulders. Should I be using more?

Hi beach-mom, IMO if Chaz's salon stylists recommended a pea size amount and it's working for you stick with that amount Smiley Happy

Of course, you can experiment with more or less as well.

live....laugh....love
Respected Contributor
On 3/24/2015 bruingirl said:
On 3/22/2015 Hilary77 said: I'm not sure if my method is correct either. Chaz always says to add all the leave in products to soaking wet hair. Im not sure if that means before or after the water is squeezed out. I always add the leave in before I squeeze the water out of my hair. I'm not sure if this is the best way, but it works for me. Maybe some others will post about what they do. Maybe Bruingirl can tell us how they do it at the salon.

Hi Hilary77, glad to hear using more leave-in is working for you. The 1-2 pumps that is suggested is a guideline...some hair types need more some less. I use 1 full pump from the 32oz as my leave-in applied to soaking wet hair (before any water is squeezed out) starting at the ends and working up thru the shaft...then I rake my fingers thru the crown. At the salon the leave-in and styling products are applied to soaking wet hair as well. HTH's

Thank you Bruingirl. Once again, you are always so helpful.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor
On 3/24/2015 Hilary77 said:
On 3/22/2015 Hilary77 said: I'm not sure if my method is correct either. Chaz always says to add all the leave in products to soaking wet hair. Im not sure if that means before or after the water is squeezed out. I always add the leave in before I squeeze the water out of my hair. I'm not sure if this is the best way, but it works for me. Maybe some others will post about what they do. Maybe Bruingirl can tell us how they do it at the salon.

Hi Hilary77, glad to hear using more leave-in is working for you. The 1-2 pumps that is suggested is a guideline...some hair types need more some less. I use 1 full pump from the 32oz as my leave-in applied to soaking wet hair (before any water is squeezed out) starting at the ends and working up thru the shaft...then I rake my fingers thru the crown. At the salon the leave-in and styling products are applied to soaking wet hair as well. HTH's

Thank you Bruingirl. Once again, you are always so helpful.

you're welcome Smiley Happy

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor
On 3/24/2015 beach-mom said:

I'm one of the ones who balked at the leave in for a long time. Then I called Chaz' salon and talked to a stylist there. She said to use a pea-sized amount as my leave in. So that's what I'm doing. I just started mixing the styling cream with it. My hair is layered, a little above the shoulders. Should I be using more?

Hi beach-mom, IMO if Chaz's salon stylists recommended a pea size amount and it's working for you stick with that amount Smiley Happy

Of course, you can experiment with more or less as well.

TY bruingirl! I watched his video, and even though I'm happy with what I'm doing, I think I will try to add another little bit Smile

Respected Contributor
Defeating the troll. Picked something newer and useful.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Regular Contributor

Nightowlz, I do the same thing. After rinsing 2nd cleanse, I grab ponytail section & squeeze some of the water out. Then I add my leave in-working it thru/twisting it into ponytail as I squeeze the water out, then I rake my fingers thru from mid shaft to ends, then squeeze the rest of the water out.

Only then do I add the styling creme. I found it wasn't doing it's job on my thick, 3A & 3B curls when I added it to dripping wet hair & then squeezed the water out. My hair looks much better when I use it on hair that's had most of the water squeezed out.

For me, WEN has had a learning curve. Chaz gives us guidelines & suggestions, but I think people need to experiment and find what works for them.

New Contributor
MAmom, I have 3A/B curls and this is how I apply my leave-in too. I'm still experimenting with the styling creme - I usually use gel instead, but may try mixing the SC with my gel.
Super Contributor

I use about a pump as leave in (I say about because I'm currently using the end of my bottles without a pump), but if I use too much it does weigh down my hair. I need moisture too, I use Fig/TT mainly, but in my experience, I can use too much.

Super Contributor

BTW I ring out my hair a little at the end of my shower, apply leave in while twisting and squeezing the water out, making sure to get the ends, then I apply SC after I've rung my hair out after using leave in.