Honored Contributor

Yes, and I did it myself. Bought a kit from Amazon  and followed the directions. It was relatively easy and the results are just perfect! 

There was a little a bit of burning from the relaxing cream and my skin is a tad red but I'm not too concerned. It will go away soon. It did lighten my dark-brown brows a bit but that's okay b/c I wanted them lighter anyways. Now all my brow hairs are going in one direction and they are laying down flat. Before I did this my brow hairs stuck straight out and they were going in all directions. Now they look so nice and tidy! Plus it almost looks like I had a brow lift. I'm thrilled with the results. 

I don't have any idea what it costs to get this done professionally but this kit was only $20 and there's 5 applications in it. Each one will last up to 8 weeks.

download (1).jpg

CLIONE PRIME  At Home Brow Lamination Kit 

Respected Contributor

Re: I laminated my brows today.

[ Edited ]

How long does lamination last? You said 8 weeks, but what is reality? Perhaps you don't know yet. Why not just use brow mascara to tame your brows?

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I'm curious if it is only "necessary" if brows are unruly?

Mine aren't too bad, but never look organized if you know what I mean.  I brush them and then apply powder, but, when I look at them a few hours later, they are just blah.

Thoughts?

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

How long does lamination last? Why not just use brow mascara to tame your brows?

@ahoymate 

Each lamination lasts up to 8 weeks, it says.

I have tried everything under the sun to get my brow hairs to lay down and go in one direction. Nothing works for me. I have thick brow hairs that won't tame.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@SilleeMee 

I'm curious if it is only "necessary" if brows are unruly?

Mine aren't too bad, but never look organized if you know what I mean.  I brush them and then apply powder, but, when I look at them a few hours later, they are just blah.

Thoughts?

@Witchy Woman 

I wouldn't do it if my brows were not unruly. Mine have a mind of their own.

Respected Contributor

Hope this works for you. I too have very thick brows and use brow mascara. It works nicely for me 

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Lamination spreads the hairs up and out so it looks as though you have more brows. So if you have slender brows then lamination will make them appear thicker.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@ahoymate wrote:

How long does lamination last? Why not just use brow mascara to tame your brows?

@ahoymate 

Each lamination lasts up to 8 weeks, it says.

I have tried everything under the sun to get my brow hairs to lay down and go in one direction. Nothing works for me. I have thick brow hairs that won't tame.

@Witchy Woman  , have you tried a brow wax or something similar after you color/fill in/etc?  Even though I shape them while filling in, there's really no hold, so I use Benefit Fluff Up Brow Wax to keep them in place.  It comes with a little mascara-type brush for application.  Prior to that, I was using an Anastasia product that was similar, but I like the Benefit product better since it leaves my brows feeling more normal. 

ETA: I quoted the wrong post and originally tagged the wrong poster. 

Respected Contributor

No, I don't use wax. Use Mac brow mascara. Used to use Anastasis's brow mascara. I have Brook Shields brows.

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

No, I don't use wax. Use Mac brow mascara. Used to use Anastasis's brow mascara. I have Brook Shields brows.

@ahoymate sorry, I quoted the wrong post.  quote @Witchy Woman 's post.