Occasional Contributor

I have a confession to make...

I strayed from Wen. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I'm a longtime lurker and this is my first ever post. I started using Wen about two years ago and I loved it! In total, I used it for about 1 year. My hair was beautiful! Seriously, it was Wen girl status! I sob at the memory. Sometime later, I thought (foolishly) that there might be better things in the realm of hair care, so I decided to stop using Wen. It had been a year since I went off of that heavenly hair ambrosia. Another reason I stopped was because money was a little tight. Since that time, I have tried virtually every drugstore brand of shampoo and conditioner, many high end shampoos and conditioners, home remedies, the co-wash method, etc. NOTHING WORKED! To make matters worse, my most recent Aveda hair care routine was actually MORE expensive than my usual Wen routine COMBINED! WHAT?!

Here is a little hair back story for you:

my scalp is my main concern. I have a terrible dry, flaky, itchy, and irritated scalp! Usually, when I bought a specific "dandruff" shampoo, it dried out the rest of my hair. Every time! I'm not sure why, either. Well, needless to say, I needed a heavy duty conditioner to fix that, plus an alternate shampoo and conditioner (I even had an alternate for the alternate), separate leave in, whatever styling cream/gel/mousse I needed that day, a split end treatment, hair mask (many of these, actually), oil treatments, etc. and the list only grows from here. I had piles of products! To top it all off, MY HAIR DIDN'T EVEN LOOK GOOD! {#emotions_dlg.angry} In a fit of sheer desperation while clawing my itchy scalp with one hand and rifling through my hair product cabinet (yes, I said cabinet) with the other, I found an abandoned 32 oz bottle of TT Wen. I immediately jumped in the shower and, well, spoiler alert: I'm back {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

It has been a few weeks and the itchy head is gone and my scalp is healing. Huzzah! The CC coupled with the RM has set my hair back on the road to recovery. Chaz is my hair savior! I am never going back to anything else! I don't know why I ever strayed from Wen. Honestly, deciding to ditch the CC is the worst hair decision I have ever made. Sorry this is so long, but I had to rant and rave. Do any of you have any Wen tips/advice for dry scalp? Favorite routines, treatments, CC formulas?

Super Contributor

Re: I have a confession to make...

Glad you're back - we all have those "moments". For your scalp, get the tea tree oil and do an overnight scalp treatment before each cleanse if possible. TT cc is great as well, but the oil will kick it into overdrive.

Honored Contributor

Hey, and welcome back!

I have dry, oily, itchy, flakey medication induced scalp. TT oil has been a blessing to me. I know there are NO medical claims, jus' sayin'.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

Chaz must be back in town.

Super Contributor

Tea Tree, Tea Tree, Teeeeeeeaaaaa Treee!!!!!!

I've been tempted to stray too. Once I cleanse my hair, I'm like nope nope nope LOL! The oils in general have helped my scalp but hands down the Tea Tree oil along with using the CC on my scalp for both cleanses = amazeballs!

Super Contributor

welcome back..

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Welcome back!

Wen Tea Tree Intensive Treatment Oil is a game changer.

Wen saved me money because I'm no longer a product junkie. I would buy an entire line of The Next Best Thing. Now, I'll buy a new silicone serum once in a while.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Welcome back. I can understand anyone who has to cutback on expenses because of various reasons, unemployment, unexpected bills, etc. It isn't always easy to justify spending money on beauty products that could be used to pay other bills. Everyone's financial situation is different.

Respected Contributor

I sometime consider stopping WEN, as my "personal budget" is somewhat tight. But I could probably get away with just using the CC, if necessary, and save some money that way. The styling creme, sprays, oils all add up in a hurry. While they are wonderful products, in a pinch, I think I could do without them.

Respected Contributor

On 8/27/2014 vermint said:

I sometime consider stopping WEN, as my "personal budget" is somewhat tight. But I could probably get away with just using the CC, if necessary, and save some money that way. The styling creme, sprays, oils all add up in a hurry. While they are wonderful products, in a pinch, I think I could do without them.

I agree with you. If I ever have to cutback on Wen products I would just buy the CC and substitute the other styling products with drugstore products. Although, I believe that the oil treatments are one of the most beneficial aspects of Wen.