Super Contributor

Re: I did it! I booked an appointment for a Blepharoplasty!

Good for you.

I am sure it went very well. Please check in with us. we are thinking of you.

Contributor

Does this type of surgery do anything for hollows under the eyes? I have bags towards the outer-lower corner of my eyes and hollows towards the inner-lower corners. It really ages me and I'm thinking about my options.

Thanks for any info.

Respected Contributor

On 6/28/2014 lori631 said:

Does this type of surgery do anything for hollows under the eyes? I have bags towards the outer-lower corner of my eyes and hollows towards the inner-lower corners. It really ages me and I'm thinking about my options.

Thanks for any info.

No, I had the Blepharoplasty (sp) done and it is is for droopy upper eyelids.
Esteemed Contributor

So, how did it go??.
Frequent Contributor

I had posted on Friday when I got home but maybe didn't push submit because I don't see my post. Friday was a breeze. I got fabulous care! Took about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish. I have vague memories of driving home. My friend took me, so no worries. Ice, rest & elevation. The upper eye part feels fine, but the lower lasered area is puffy, weepy & yucky. Apparently within normal limits. I have taken more of the pain meds than I was expecting to. It's sore. I can kinda see what it will look like & I'm excited! I think if I had just had the bleph I'd be good at this point! I look rough though, holy cow! So thanks for the good wishes, I'm coming along ok, I think!
Honored Contributor

On 6/28/2014 BeautyAddiction said:
On 6/28/2014 lori631 said:

Thanks for any info.

No, I had the Blepharoplasty (sp) done and it is is for droopy upper eyelids.

And bags under the eyes.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 6/30/2014 Zebsmom2 said: I had posted on Friday when I got home but maybe didn't push submit because I don't see my post. Friday was a breeze. I got fabulous care! Took about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish. I have vague memories of driving home. My friend took me, so no worries. Ice, rest & elevation. The upper eye part feels fine, but the lower lasered area is puffy, weepy & yucky. Apparently within normal limits. I have taken more of the pain meds than I was expecting to. It's sore. I can kinda see what it will look like & I'm excited! I think if I had just had the bleph I'd be good at this point! I look rough though, holy cow! So thanks for the good wishes, I'm coming along ok, I think!

I had it for bags under my eyes, but it was not laser (too long ago). It was never "weepy & yucky." I had some very minor bruising and swelling for about four or five days. Just give it a week and you will love it.

I had it in my late forties or early fifties (can't remember) and I still don't have bags under my eyes to this day. No scarring, as they are under the bottom lid. It was the best physical thing I ever did for myself.

Congratulations!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

On 6/30/2014 Zebsmom2 said: I had posted on Friday when I got home but maybe didn't push submit because I don't see my post. Friday was a breeze. I got fabulous care! Took about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish. I have vague memories of driving home. My friend took me, so no worries. Ice, rest & elevation. The upper eye part feels fine, but the lower lasered area is puffy, weepy & yucky. Apparently within normal limits. I have taken more of the pain meds than I was expecting to. It's sore. I can kinda see what it will look like & I'm excited! I think if I had just had the bleph I'd be good at this point! I look rough though, holy cow! So thanks for the good wishes, I'm coming along ok, I think!

Happy healing. Make sure you get plenty of rest!

Trusted Contributor

Haven't heard from you lately and would love to know how pleased you are with your procedure. I am sure you look amazing!
Super Contributor

I am so rooting for you!!!

glad to hear from you. hang in there. I am sure there will be a lot of pain but it will be worth it.

And to think of never getting the bags back again--wow!

You will be so happy you did this.

I want to do this.

I am sending well wishes your way Smiley Happy