Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols 

Last time I cut my hair - the stylist's reaction was "WHY?"

I'm expecting the same reaction when I finally do make it to the salon!  

I have wavy hair - so my "layering" effort isn't too obvious.

@Boomernichols wrote:

@ALRATIBA  I too cut my own hair back when everything first shut down.  When my shop opened back up and I went they commented on "my cut."  It was not perfect, but I figured the ony difference in a good haircut and a bad one was 4 weeks when it could grow back out.  Needless to say, it looks better since it was cut by a stylist,

--------------------------------

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

I took the plunge and cut my hair earlier this week. I am still leary of hair salons and am not willing to arrive with washed hair and leave with hair that has not even been round brush dried and still pay what I consider high prices.

How ironic that same day while running errands a woman walked up to me and told me she loves my hair. I must have done an ok job.👏

Since lock-down I have been cutting my husband's hair out on our balcony. I have to say the last cut I did turned out pretty awesome. We live across the street from a popular salon and I told him they just might be watching and hit me up to come work for them. Haha!😄

@magicmoodz, would you mind coming to our house to trim my husband's hair? He won't let me near him with scissors, and he is starting to like a wild man. Not a good look for Zoom.

@suzyQ3  Oh I'm no pro. I have 2 things going for me. My husband has really good hair--not curly but lots of body. And the other is he is pretty laid back about it and would be forgiving if I made an oops!😄

Pre shut-down he used to sometimes run into a colleague at his salon. When passing in the hall at work they would compliment each other with "nice cut". Now it's "nice cut, who's doing your hair?" They both have the same answer "my wife". 🤣

Honored Contributor

I don't understand that some feel its a monumentous occasion that they cut their own hair. Really? I've been cutting my own hair for years and years. I cut my dh's hair and cut my kids hair when they were young. No one cuts their own hair? When I still had my mom I'd always give her haircuts AND perms! I guess I just have a knack for it. No biggie.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I don't understand that some feel its a monumentous occasion that they cut their own hair. Really? I've been cutting my own hair for years and years. I cut my dh's hair and cut my kids hair when they were young. No one cuts their own hair? When I still had my mom I'd always give her haircuts AND perms! I guess I just have a knack for it. No biggie.

@ID2  - It is a biggie for most folks that don't have your hair cutting ability.   If it was as easy as you proclaim, perhaps many would spare the expense and do it themselves.