Valued Contributor

Why people will write reviews about products (and not just beauty but practically anything) when they haven't even USED them-- they'll say something like- "I bought this but I haven't used it yet- so I don't know"---- THEN DON'T WRITE A REVIEW YOU DOPES! (sorry about the Dopes remarks- but really- makes me crazy sometimes! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I also think it's misleading to give a poor rating to a product because you don't like the packaging.  I think packaging is a factor, and should be mentioned if it's an issue, but packaging isn't the actual product.

Trusted Contributor

@sippLOL I know!

That's a small pet peeve for me too on Qvc online.

Also I have noted they are far less descriptive in the products lately ..over I'd say the last 2 years. They used to go much more into depth about an item under the pictures and video [when even the video doesn't say it all]  a larger Q peeve on that.

They would perhaps get less returns if a bit more time were in the descriptions AND video!.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

I agree 100%. 

This topic of "non-review reviews" has been mentioned in the forums many times.  It seems QVC is happy with any kind of review.  Even the Moderators here once explained that it is the customer's impression, so it's OK.  I asked how can they even have an impression when clearly they have never even tried the product -- no response.  

I've seen reviews such as:  "I like XXX as a person, so I'm sure this item will be fabulous.  Not sure I'll order it though, it's expensive."  They gave it a 5-star review! 

That's why when QVC has those "Top Rated" items, or boast "500 5-star reviews!"  I pay absolutely no attention

Respected Contributor

I also hate when someone reviews an ITEM, and reduces the rating because it was shipped late.   I see this a lot on Amazon too.

Honored Contributor

I think folks can review and say anything (almost) but it's up to the Q mods to then NOT post the ones whereby the comsumer hasn't tried the item, hasn't tried it on, hasn't used it yet etc.

Why the Q asks if you really bought it, why post a review that tells the rest of us basically nothing? Makes no sense to me either.

Trusted Contributor

I also saw an item that got a very LOW rating because a woman dropped a glass item and it broke.  She would never buy from that vendor again.  It was glass!!!  Glass  can break when it is dropped!!  But no, blame the vendor.

Honored Contributor

I laughed at a review on Talbots' site in which the woman bought an item one size bigger in the store because they didn't have her correct size and then rated the item as being too large.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with everyone about poor ratings.  Not too long ago, I was looking at athletic shoes for DH and they came in several colors--one being blue, which is his favorite color.  The shoes got a one-star rating because the reviewer did not like the shade of blue.  That is ridiculous.  Color is preference, not a flaw.  The rating should be on the use of the item, how it works, the fit, etc.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

QVC should review the reviews before they’re posted...products should have not been returned (they can ck. that), how long customer has had product (judged by shipping date) & in general, not posted at all if the review seems suspicious.