Respected Contributor

Re: I Have Two Eyes, Two Legs...

On 2/5/2014 Deeby said:

I'm posting about two different things, that's all. One is using singular when plural is correct, the other is mention of another annoyance.

Most threads veer off into other areas.

I forgot one more: What's up with "as well" instead of "too"?

I know as well as you do... lol, that "as well" is British. But this isn't Britain.

To the "mean girls"-I knew you'd show up. Get a life.

Time to leave the playground. Again.

Who was being mean?

Super Contributor

I'm horning in on your rant. I HATE it when adults refer to their stomach as their "tummy". And when an adult says "I have to go potty". Makes my skin crawl and it want to get in their face and scream "GROW UP!". To be fair, the people I'm thinking of have children or grandchildren, but the children can go potty and have a tummy ache. Not their mother or grandmother! Rant off. :-)

Honored Contributor

Well........what would you call a bra......since you have two of ""those""..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

My son was just at his friends house the other day that has two small children. The kids are not understandable, and talk jibberish. He gets frustrated by their parenting....and lack of discipline skills too. He asked me how I got him and his siblings to talk clear and understandable. I told him that I refused to talk "baby talk' to my children. When my third was 13 mos old, he only said 'Mommy', 'Daddy', unlike the two older ones. One day when my Mom was visiting...he said a full sentence while sitting in his high chair....'Mommy, I want to get down from here!" Mom and I both looked at him in disbelief! He could talk and had been hiding it from us. Quite a mouthful for the first time he spoke more than one word.

I too get irritated at the baby talk, the fake hugs, kisses, etc. Adults should act like adults...but maybe they think it is cute.

Frequent Contributor

I don't know why my post went to two threads. Cyberspace glitch?

I have learned not to post at all though.

It's just an open invitation for the bullies to race to the playground.

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

OP, what is all this stuff about mean girls and bullies and how people gang up on you because of your political persuasion (yes, I read your swan song thread)?

I've always thought that those of your political persuasion just detest any kind "woe is me" victim status, yet that's all I'm seeing here from you today.

And I'm going to flat out say that I found that other thread of yours to be extremely insulting and narrow-minded. How dare you use such a broad brush with which to paint those with whom you disagree.

These boards (heck, this world) are indeed a big playground, a wonderful one full of people of all mindsets and opinions. If you want an echo chamber, get a blog.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 2/7/2014 suzyQ3 said:

OP, what is all this stuff about mean girls and bullies and how people gang up on you because of your political persuasion (yes, I read your swan song thread)?

I've always thought that those of your political persuasion just detest any kind "woe is me" victim status, yet that's all I'm seeing here from you today.

And I'm going to flat out say that I found that other thread of yours to be extremely insulting and narrow-minded. How dare you use such a broad brush with which to paint those with whom you disagree.

These boards (heck, this world) are indeed a big playground, a wonderful one full of people of all mindsets and opinions. If you want an echo chamber, get a blog.

well said, Suzy!

Super Contributor

I have to go get my glass before I cut myself with the scissor...wait...? {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Yep, the potty thing is ugh., but how about the new and improved "I gotta pee"? Sigh...

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2014 MarenSeattle said:

I'm horning in on your rant. I HATE it when adults refer to their stomach as their "tummy". And when an adult says "I have to go potty". Makes my skin crawl and it want to get in their face and scream "GROW UP!". To be fair, the people I'm thinking of have children or grandchildren, but the children can go potty and have a tummy ache. Not their mother or grandmother! Rant off. :-)

Yeah I hate it when adults say I gotta go potty. I just hate it I mean really. It's just wrong on so many levels!

Okay my rant is done. I gotta go potty now.