Respected Contributor

Re: I Don't Know If I Can Ask This, But....

This thread is too funny.

But, after reading some of the replies do women just have conversations about this? I think it's a very personal decision and can't imagine sharing it with anyone except very close friends, if then. And, why would you want to share this info?

Or, I'm getting old and not up on "stuff".

Super Contributor

On 8/29/2014 Wink said:

This thread is too funny.

But, after reading some of the replies do women just have conversations about this? I think it's a very personal decision and can't imagine sharing it with anyone except very close friends, if then. And, why would you want to share this info?

Or, I'm getting old and not up on "stuff".

usually people don't have face to face conversations about this. Thats what is so nice about on line forums/discussions.

Super Contributor

Bare & clean. I am in California & chrystaltree is right, the girls start young. And, my man loves it. I have read that the numbers are as high as 60-80% that shave. I think the other 20-40% must be over 50.

Valued Contributor

Yes, you can ask it. And I'm very impressed at the words you were able to avoid!

Although the bald look is not for me personally, I have friends and acquaintances who get a full wax in that area. They just prefer it. Btw, if it matters, I'm in my early 40s.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

A lot of women I know consider the crewcut with scissors to be a safe and easy alternative for sensitive skin. They wish for the area to remain FUNctional.

Valued Contributor

Btw, does anyone remember the owner of the franchise Completely Bare being on one season of the Real Housewives of NYC? I mention this b/c I think her philosophy (if I remember correctly) is to just take it all off (a la the name of her company, of course). Now, there are some people that think you will end up *missing* this hair at some point. And if you do the electrolysis or whatever the franchise above does, it never grows back after a certain number of treatments. This of course is a personal preference that every woman has to decide on herself.

Regular Contributor

LOL thank you for the post glmama

some of your posts are SO funny and I can tell you, i DESPERATELY needed a good laugh..... NO!!! not a good laugh............................ BUT a GREAT laugh

LASER LASER LASER - bald.........

matter of fact - I have had Electrolysis & Laser on my entire body. SO SO SO freeing!!! No waxing, tweezing, shaving AND all of the stuff I had to take with me on vacation GONE - tweezers, epilady, wax...... worry about my bikini line, legs, ingrown hairs, facial hair, brow tweezing.... lip waxing.... random chin hairs, toe hair LOL .............. well, you get it - POOF gone

Respected Contributor

On 8/28/2014 brewhaha said:

I'm a Bush supporter.

OMG!!!! Me too. Lol

Super Contributor

Makes one wonder...why do we have hair there to begin with?

Valued Contributor

I am bare because my man has sensitive skin due to a medical condition and can't deal with it well. I never thought I'd be able to stand it but now I like it much better.