Honored Contributor

So I have finally had it with my gray roots. I'm not one to color my own hair, I use to use Clairol Natural Instincts, but I never did a good job so I have gone to the salon for the past three years. Anyway I bought Revlon Root Erase awhile ago and used it today. It comes in a can, it has a plastic top, three pairs of plastic gloves, and a smallish brush. You spray the canister into the cap (the developer and color come out together) up to the line. You mix it up and apply to your roots and temples. You leave it on for 5 minutes (you can leave it on for 10 minutes for resistant gray which I did). I have to say the results were pretty good. I found it covered my temples better than having it done at the salon. The box says you will get three uses out of it. Make sure you rinse the cap, brush, and white cap well so nothing gets gunked up.

Respected Contributor

Same here, my husband said he thought my hair looked as good as when I had it done by a stylist. Here’s a funny, today it was really warm here and I made a comment I was going to put my hair in a ponytail because it was driving me crazy and my husband spoke up and said he likes my hair in a ponytail he thinks it’s sexy, we have been together over forty five years and married 43. Go figure a ponytail is sexy. I’m 74.

Esteemed Contributor

Same here.

I keep a tube of Redken Cover Fusion and a bottle of developer on hand. Instead of a brush, I use a fine tooth comb on the roots. Also touch up the brows. Brow tint at the salon is $20.

Color I get on the bay for less than $20. Developer from Sallys. 

Rocking that pony tail, too! 

Honored Contributor

I have to say that I truly enjoy reading about everyones hair adventures during this virus thing---most make me laugh out loud and the pictures are great. I don't color my hair and haven't for many years--but I NEED a cut-----not sure when that day will come here in WA state---beauty salons are phase 2 here and my county is still got numbers that are way too high--I hear June 1st, phase 2 will start-- but who knows.  My last cut was the end of January. My hair is in its own universe ever since cancer and chemo--doesn't grow very fast so it always looks like I put my finger in a light socket-----but have to say, for some reason, the color came back in a very nice shades  of brown and grey--kind of salt and pepper but in the brown tones----weird!!!  had one misadventure with a box of color----was going to just even out a highlighting job that was outgrown--got a box of color and threw it on--only to find that the fire engine red color had been put into the the med brown color  box, prob at the factory---OMG----horrendous!!! No more box coloring for me.

Honored Contributor

I've been using Root Rescue monthly. It's easy to use. My online seller limits how many I can order so I've stretched out my supply to six weeks between coloring.