Occasional Contributor

How many times is the color WOW guy going to say "Asian hair"!?

Why is he so obsessed with making women's hair look like "Asian hair"? What's wrong with non-Asian hair?
Trusted Contributor

Re: How many times is the color WOW guy going to say "Asian hair"!?

Nothing.  He is British and accustomed to using ethnic or any adjective available to him without offending anyone - unlke here in this country.

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

Nothing.  He is British and accustomed to using ethnic or any adjective available to him without offending anyone - unlke here in this country.

@fitfuninformed, I think that you're  responding here to a something that wasn't even implied by the OP in order drag out the old "PC run amok" line.

The poster wasn't at suggesting that there was something wrong with the word but just wondered why emphasis.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Agreed.  Just so many "sensitivities" these days - nerve wracking.

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

Agreed.  Just so many "sensitivities" these days - nerve wracking.

@fitfuninformed, okay, thanks. I have a different view of "sensitivites," but I'll save it for when there's a relevant thread. :-)

Sorry, OP, for any interruption.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Probably, because as a rule asian hair is slick, shiney, straight, sometimes wavy....

and on the thick side. They often have gorgeous coveted hair well into their 100's, lol!   The  follicles of asian hair are totally round , the hair reflect light more.  Japanese hair , especially Southern Japanese and northern Indian women, reflects light like no ones business.  Maybe this vendor is promoting the beauty of healthy hair " ideals". 

by the way...Asian in British speak, and euro speak means All of Asia!!!   That includes India, Pakistan, indonisia, as well as Japan etc....I think most Americans think of asian, as Japanese or Chinese😁