Trusted Contributor

Re: How long can you go with out washing your hair

@I am still oxox.

I hope you are on the mend.  Pneumonia is pretty serious stuff.  Your health is more important than clean/dirty hair!  I'm very familiar with WP Hospital.  WP was my home until my recent move to Delaware.   

I have wavy/curly hair that is in a longish bob style.  Way, way back, I used to wash my hair everyday, blow it out, etc.  When I decided to wear it natural, I was told to not wash it everyday.  So I washed it on Mon/Thurs and in between I would wet it in the shower and use a curly hair conditioner.  

Now that I'm retired and not working everyday, that system flew out the window.  I can't remember what day it is!  So I now wash it every 4 to 5 days.  Again, in between, I wet it in the shower and use a curly hair conditioner.

For you ladies here who mentioned having curly hair, I use Deva products (LOVE Mist-er for in between) and LUS (Love Ur Self) brand.  

Feel better!

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 Hi Roe and thanks we have vacationed at the Delaware beaches several times and really like the area down there. I have a Quidad spray which I am using to keep my hair from getting to nasty Smiley Happy 

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@I am still oxox.

I hope you are on the mend.  Pneumonia is pretty serious stuff.  Your health is more important than clean/dirty hair!  I'm very familiar with WP Hospital.  WP was my home until my recent move to Delaware.   

I have wavy/curly hair that is in a longish bob style.  Way, way back, I used to wash my hair everyday, blow it out, etc.  When I decided to wear it natural, I was told to not wash it everyday.  So I washed it on Mon/Thurs and in between I would wet it in the shower and use a curly hair conditioner.  

Now that I'm retired and not working everyday, that system flew out the window.  I can't remember what day it is!  So I now wash it every 4 to 5 days.  Again, in between, I wet it in the shower and use a curly hair conditioner.

For you ladies here who mentioned having curly hair, I use Deva products (LOVE Mist-er for in between) and LUS (Love Ur Self) brand.  

Feel better!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Three days in winter, everyday in summer.

Honored Contributor

2 days after that it's gross. I cannot stand it.

Even when I was sick with the flu & it hurt just to touch my body, scalp etc I still took a shower. 

Honored Contributor

Update I was strong enough to shower and wash my hair this morning, Dh was of little help and I am so happy with ME.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Twice a week.

Trusted Contributor

if im sick.. or not leaving my house i already didnt wash my hair for 3 or 4 days...... but i think 4 is the most for me

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Update I was strong enough to shower and wash my hair this morning, Dh was of little help and I am so happy with ME.

So happy you are better.  Have a wonderful SundaySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox  - I hope by the time you read this post that you are feeling much better.  As far as hair washing, I prefer the look of my hair when it's just washed and blow dried.  I can go the next 2 days without washing, but by the 3rd day, I must wash.  When I was younger, I had to wash it everyday or I would feel just completely gross.  My hair - and skin - was oilier back then too.  I have a lot of hair (shoulder length) so washing and blow drying is a task for me.

Respected Contributor

When I was a kid, my mom used to go to the salon once a week and that is the only timeher hair was washed- She didnt even have shampoo!!!
Back then i washed my oily hair every day, as a teen and really up until about age 50- Now I find my hair actualy looks better the second day, and i usually wash it on the 3rd day..
Since I have to get up at 4 am, i never look forward to it! But it is long  and pretty much unstyled so its pretty easy really...
I am glad you are feeling better..I once had surger and didnt wash mine for 2 weeks,  but that is the longest i have ever gone- As I recall,  it didnt really look that bad! But I sure was glad to wash it! LOL!