Respected Contributor

I wash my hair every other day.  I alternate between WEN and Tweaked and now I bought some Beekman shampoo but not used it yet.

Sometimes I wash 1 time with WEN and sometimes 2 times.  I do not use as a leave in.  Tried it and my hair is totally limp the next day.  I also only use about a golf ball size of product or even a little less.  I have thin chin length hair.  I use no other products.

The other shampoos only call for (and need to) shampoo only once. 

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl - I've been using WEN for a while now, and it has made a huge difference in my hair!

My advice is to go to the WEN thread under the "My Favorite Brand." You will find all kinds of advice there, and posters willing to help you with anything!  

I use only WEN. I had to learn how to use it. At first I thought I was using too much. It turns out I wasn't using enough. I learned how important it is to use two cleanses. I mix mine. My first cleanse is either Tea Tree or Pomegranate. My second is my favorite seasonal. I also learned how important it is to use a "leave in." My hair hasn't been this long since college days, and the color doesn't fade!  

Good luck!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl  - You will get a better response if you post this in the Wen Forum under My Favorite Brand.

Honored Contributor

Whether I use the Wen bottle or transfer some to a large plastic squeeze bottle, I ALWAYS dilute my Wen by 50%.

I add water to the Wen and shake like mad.  It is a much, much easier consistency to shampoo my hair with.  Regular Wen is too difficult to mix in to my hair.  Diluting it makes it much easier to work with.

That's my two cents.   Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

I'll just say that it took me some time experimenting with how to best use WEN for myself.  And which formulas I like.

I think the biggest mistake I made--well, two mistakes--was not using enough product and not using enough water with it.  The "splash" of water isn't nearly enough for me.  Until I got those two things figured out my hair felt greasy when I used it.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl I do the exact same thing as you, wash my hair every other day and alternate with Wen, Tweak'd and Beekman.  I do two washes with Wen and put styling cream only, no leave in CC.  My hair is short and curly,  is really smooth and shiny, and no frizz.   Color holds well too, I only have it colored 3 times a year!

Super Contributor

Had zero success with it, the lawsuit issue is super scary - buyer beware

Honored Contributor

@nycalady wrote:

I was wondering how long it would take before a post like this came up.

Honored Contributor

@nycalady wrote:

@nycalady 

Super scary?  

Respected Contributor

I never experienced any hair loss issues from this line but I can't use say Tea Tree or the ones with menthol so I have used the others without issues.  

Currently I am using it only as a leave in...just a small dab on the ends then the mousse.  

I like my shower and washing to be much quicker then all the pumps and waiting to rinse at the end of shower just to long of a process and I see no difference using Tweak'd then WEN as leave in with styling products.  Much easier and cost effective...plus I find switching up my shampoo often also makes my hair respond better.  My hair fades no matter what I use....plus I MUST wash daily.  I work out plus house work and I am oily to begin with so cleansing daily is necessary.