Honored Contributor

Re: How do you apply your makeup

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use Michael Todd's Sonicblend Brush with his flat top brush to apply my pressed mineral powder foundation. This is my latest obsession.Heart

shopping.jpg

@SilleeMee   Please tell me how you apply your powdered mineral foundations with this brush.. I should try that as I have so much bare minerals. Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Compact (cream-to-powder) ..... sponge

Liquid  .... fingers then lightly once-over with sponge

Honored Contributor

I use my clean fingers mostly then brushes--have many really top knotch brushes that are so nice to use. 

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@SilleeMee, good morning!  As always, I am looking at your recommendations.  What mineral powder foundation do you like?  I have recently tried Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten (like it pretty well) and her Baked Elements.  Hate the Baked Elements--it goes on SO SHINY no matter how much I use--a little or a lot.  So sad about that after reading the amazing reviews on it.  I use LG Spackle, too, so it's not that...it's the actual product.  I know some like the dewy, illuminated look, but it was like a neon sign on my enlarge pores.  lol

@Ainhisg,

Good morning to you as well!Woman Happy I have been using two different brands of pressed mineral foundations. For more coverage I use PUR 4-in-1 Powder Foundation. This has a nice, satin finish and can be layered for a more full coverage. It does not settle or make your pores more visible. The other one, much less expensive everyday light to medium coverage is a brand called L.A. Colors Mineral Pressed Powder. This one impressed me primarily with all the shades it offered not to mention the low cost...less than $6! It has a nice semi-matte finish that does not settle and is not drying(has no talc). I wear LA Colors most of the time but for more coverage I like the PUR.

The Michael Todd brush makes these powders look flawless on my skin. It seems to make the powder disappear and become one with my skin...like it's not there.Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@SilleeMee, good morning!  As always, I am looking at your recommendations.  What mineral powder foundation do you like?  I have recently tried Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten (like it pretty well) and her Baked Elements.  Hate the Baked Elements--it goes on SO SHINY no matter how much I use--a little or a lot.  So sad about that after reading the amazing reviews on it.  I use LG Spackle, too, so it's not that...it's the actual product.  I know some like the dewy, illuminated look, but it was like a neon sign on my enlarge pores.  lol

@Ainhisg,

Good morning to you as well!Woman Happy I have been using two different brands of pressed mineral foundations. For more coverage I use PUR 4-in-1 Powder Foundation. This has a nice, satin finish and can be layered for a more full coverage. It does not settle or make your pores more visible. The other one, much less expensive everyday light to medium coverage is a brand called L.A. Colors Mineral Pressed Powder. This one impressed me primarily with all the shades it offered not to mention the low cost...less than $6! It has a nice semi-matte finish that does not settle and is not drying(has no talc). I wear LA Colors most of the time but for more coverage I like the PUR.

The Michael Todd brush makes these powders look flawless on my skin. It seems to make the powder disappear and become one with my skin...like it's not there.Woman Happy

Perfect!  Where do you purchase the PUR 4-in-1?  And the L.A. Colors (a drugstore?)  I would really like the find a powder foundation to use on the days I'm running errands and don't want to take the time to do a full-face makeup with my liquid foundation/powder.  Is the PUR more matte than the L.A. Colors?  After the Baked Elements fiasco, I can see that I don't want shine at all.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use Michael Todd's Sonicblend Brush with his flat top brush to apply my pressed mineral powder foundation. This is my latest obsession.Heart

shopping.jpg

@SilleeMee   Please tell me how you apply your powdered mineral foundations with this brush.. I should try that as I have so much bare minerals. Thanks!  Smiley Happy

I bought his flat-top brush head because I think it works better for me when I apply my pressed powder foundation. With the brush off, swirl onto my compact then don't turn it on until you place the brush on your face first. I find that I don't use as much foundation as I once did using a manual kabuki. @SeaMaiden

Honored Contributor

Mostly brushes except when applying concealer, I use fingertips to blend in. 

Sunscreen is first and I use fingertips for that too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

@Ainhisg,

Perfect!  Where do you purchase the PUR 4-in-1?  And the L.A. Colors (a drugstore?)  I would really like the find a powder foundation to use on the days I'm running errands and don't want to take the time to do a full-face makeup with my liquid foundation/powder.  Is the PUR more matte than the L.A. Colors?  After the Baked Elements fiasco, I can see that I don't want shine at all.

PUR is made by PUR Cosmetics and it is sold at many places. To get your correct shade I think you might want to go to a counter where it's sold like maybe Ulta or Sephora. Prices can vary as much as $10 from one store to the next so shop around once you find your shade. L.A. Colors is sold at many drugstores but make sure you get the 'Mineral Pressed Powder' version. I think they may have other kinds of powders just so you know. 

About the matte finish of each...I find that as the day goes on, the PUR foundation becomes more satin-like. The LA powder goes on matte and I find that It stays pretty much the same at the end of the day. You may want a touch-up with this one, however, if you need to go somewhere later in the evening. @Ainhisg

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

shopping.jpg

I found this on HSN.  I wonder what the TSV price was?  I will save this purchase for when I get a 20% coupon unless it would be a TSV before Christmas...

Valued Contributor

I use an Artis brush for foundation and various other brushes for other products.  I love my Artis brush.  Before buying it, I had foundations I wasn't using because they didn't go on evenly.  Once I got the brush, I loved those foundations.  I find I use less foundation with it because the application is so good. It was worth the splurge.