Regular Contributor

How do you apply your makeup

Makeup Brush......Makeup Sponge....or figer tips.??

Respected Contributor

Re: How do you apply your makeup

Never used  sponges.  Mostly use finger tips; however, I found at Ulta these slim, long-handled brushes with a minimal of fine hairs ( about the size of a little fingernail ) which I use to apply concealer around the eyes.

This brush captures less product:  I was always washing a lot of concealer from the IT concealer brush.....$ down the drain.  Application of product is very light and airy.

Of course, the brush is no longer carried in the store....maybe it will be online.  

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I use Michael Todd's Sonicblend Brush with his flat top brush to apply my pressed mineral powder foundation. This is my latest obsession.Heart

shopping.jpg

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I use Michael Todd's Sonicblend Brush with his flat top brush to apply my pressed mineral powder foundation. This is my latest obsession.Heart

shopping.jpg

@SilleeMee Funny you posted this.  I have the same brush and I just went into my bathroom to charge it up for the week.  Also, just cleaned the two heads I have for it.  I also have it in pink.  It's so much better then the one I purchased from Doll10.  Best electric brush I've used so far.  Love it.  

Honored Contributor

Beauy blender sponge. Brushes don't work for me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I have sponges and brushes but always end up using my fingertips.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee, good morning!  As always, I am looking at your recommendations.  What mineral powder foundation do you like?  I have recently tried Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten (like it pretty well) and her Baked Elements.  Hate the Baked Elements--it goes on SO SHINY no matter how much I use--a little or a lot.  So sad about that after reading the amazing reviews on it.  I use LG Spackle, too, so it's not that...it's the actual product.  I know some like the dewy, illuminated look, but it was like a neon sign on my enlarged pores.  lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bettyanne, for liquid foundation, I use a Beauty Blender sponge.  For powder/mineral foundation, I use the brush that came with the product, or if it didn't have a brush, I use an EcoTools retractable Kabuki brush...love that thing!

Honored Contributor

I use a Bobbi Brown foundation brush. I also use a beauty blender just to be sure it is evenly applied.

Honored Contributor

I usually just use my fingers.   I bought one of those Todd brand sonic brushes but  I find it just kind of a pain to get out and use  it and have to wash it etc... one of those purchases I just had to have... and now do not use....  

I only wear makeup if I go say to the store or to an appointment... maybe once a week or every two weeks.  Around the house and in the yard I just wear sunscreen and  my usual beauty rourtine skin care... no foundation.