Honored Contributor

I have developed a large knot-like red (pimple?) on my chin Smiley Surprised  What am I?  16?  It's tender to the touch, hard and no whitehead.  I feels like the size of an egg lol but it's not.  I have no idea what to do with it...how to treat it.  I also  have a pimple on my right temple.  No head but it looks like it will develop into one.  It's not like the one on my chin.  I've not changed anything too recently.  A week or so ago I ran out of Naturium Retinol and started using the same thing in her newer cream version.  If it was a product I was using on my entire face, wouldn't I have multiple breakouts?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: How Would You Treat This?

@monicakm   It may be a result of all the stress you've been under lately. For gosh sake, don't pick at it or press it. It could scar. If it really begins to bother you, a derm can inject it with cortizone to help it go away.

Regular Contributor

I would call your dermatologist and have it injected. It will reduce the swelling fairly quickly. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If it were me, I would wash my face twice a day with a gentle cleanser or soap and not put anything else on my face for several days. For me, I'd assume I was clogging my pores with a product(s) because using too much moisturizer has given me mild breakouts within the T-zone in the past.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm 

What about that GTE? Are you still using it?

I noticed a small red bump, not a pimple, but just a slightly raised, pink spot on my upper cheek yesterday morning. The only thing different in my routine is the GTE.

I think there was another poster, can't remember who,  said she had a breakout from the GTE also.

Honored Contributor

Skin Doctor or Urgent Care.

I ain't fraid of no ghosts.
Respected Contributor

I’d try a hot compress.

People seriously doctor their zits?
Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I am no expert but I would treat with hot compresses to see if it comes to a head.  If not, give a call to your doctor.  Don't you love it, we still get pimples at our age.  I have lucky for quite a few years now with no breakouts.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I think I would try putting something cold on it, not heat. And then put some neosporine or triple antibiotic on it. I think heat would make it "hotter". Stress is a nasty bit@h---that's prob alot of the problem.

Esteemed Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Skin Doctor or Urgent Care.

Why the urgency?  Can't she just "wait it out" and see what happens?  We all get occasional blemishes that come and go on their own (don't we???)