Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: How To Get Full, Thick Eyebrows Now In Style

I am having great results with that Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in taupe applied with a BE Brow powder brush.Then I go over the brows with Benifit Gimme Brow to emphasize the hairs.My brows stay on through 90+ degrees walk/runs at the park. They look natural for a very ski.oh natural brow.

Super Contributor

Not a highjack, but wanted to say I have been using the generic Latisse for several months and have been putting it on my eyebrows too. I was not really expecting much, but I do have new hairs coming in and the best part, they are not white! In fact they are the darker color like when I was young. Not a huge amount of new hairs, but enough to fill in, and I'm happy.

Honored Contributor

I have color put on my eyebrows and forget trying to pencil them in, everything looks fake on me because my brows are so light.

Fuuny story, my Aunt use to shave her eyebrows and draw them on, talk about crazy looking{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Esteemed Contributor

There was a story on GMA this morning regarding ladies who are getting hair transplants from their heads to their eyebrows. These transplants are done by a plastic surgeon and cost about $7,000, depending on where you live. They transplant one hair follicle at a time and the surgery is very lengthy. After the transplant, it takes about a year for the eyebrows to start looking normal and hairs to be trained and shaped. But several ladies said they were thrilled with how their eyebrows looked.

Nothing I would ever do, but thought I'd mention it.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

I'm not sure how to get a full brow, for the last few yrs I've used Dalton Brow fix to fill in with much success & with having them professionally done once a mth. I can go without makeup but I won't even go to bed without my brows on!! A must. I might try this Dalton product after I finish the Brow fix. It last quite awhile.
Trusted Contributor

On 7/17/2014 Sister Golden Hair said:

I have color put on my eyebrows and forget trying to pencil them in, everything looks fake on me because my brows are so light.

Fuuny story, my Aunt use to shave her eyebrows and draw them on, talk about crazy looking{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Every time I see a woman, with drawn on eyebrows, she always has a perpetual look of surprise on her face.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Valued Contributor

I love the fuller brow & your post is making me realize that I really like using a brush and powder-type product better than a pencil, and I may go back to that sorta product. Currently I'm using the YBF pencil, which is just fine, but the brush applicator of the DOLL product looks better for this look. NYX used to make a product called Browser, which came with a little pan of color powder and clear brow gel. I find that I have a hard time with the tails of my brows. They don't go as far out, past my arch, as I'd like them to. And drawing that portion on is often tricky. I get mine waxed every 4 weeks, and if I wait longer I'm miserable. However, the denser my brows are the better they look.
Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 tototwo said:

There was a story on GMA this morning regarding ladies who are getting hair transplants from their heads to their eyebrows. These transplants are done by a plastic surgeon and cost about $7,000, depending on where you live. They transplant one hair follicle at a time and the surgery is very lengthy. After the transplant, it takes about a year for the eyebrows to start looking normal and hairs to be trained and shaped. But several ladies said they were thrilled with how their eyebrows looked.

Nothing I would ever do, but thought I'd mention it.

I saw this too, toto two, and couldn't believe that anyone, ANYONE, could think that was the best they could do with $7000!
Super Contributor

My brows are very sparse. I find that the combination of Anastasia Dipbrow applied lightly to create an improved shape and then shaded and defined more with Brow Wiz works well for me. Using either one alone does not give the natural results that I get using both. I finish off with a light coat of Clear Brow Gel.

Regular Contributor

I love "Gimme Brow" by Benefit. Although my brows are still fairly thick, some are turning white. Gimme Brow changes the color and adds little fiber pieces that thicken and fill in. Love it -- my first time ever using a brow product and I'm in my mid-50s.

From Benefit: " This innovative brush-on fiber gel adheres to skin & hair…creating brows where before there were none. It builds easily for thick, lush arches, thanks to a tapered brush for blending & precision tip for shaping. Available in two shades.

INNOVATIVE BRUSH-ON FIBER GEL:
• Water resistant
• Long-wearing
• Natural-looking
• Buildable
97% said brows looked fuller*
100% said it was smudge proof*
100% said it looked natural*
94% said results were long-wearing*

Rebecca J