Super Contributor

How To Get Full, Thick Eyebrows Now In Style

I see that beauty magazines and blogs and pictures of stars - the emphasis has returned to thick, full but well-shaped eyebrows.

I don't think my own natural brows ever looked that full, even in my heyday. But now my first priority has been filling in sparse, aging brows and teasing the look to extend the length of the brow after the arch, without looking like a phony drawn-on line.

I use a Dalton (Doll 10) Airless Crème Brown Fix in brunette. It came with a brush that has a spoolie on one end and a short, stiff, slanted brush on the other. It's been lasting forever. The packaging keeps the crème from drying out.

Doll 10 Airless Creme Brow Fix - A333060

My question: How are you getting your brows to look fuller - not just inside the outline, but to enlarge the outline of the brow to make the brow a stronger statement on the face?

Is that possible to do without looking incredibly fake?

Or am I doomed to thin and scraggly......{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Thanks, Beauties! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

Re: How To Get Full, Thick Eyebrows Now In Style

I think brows are kind of like lips in that you can kind of BARELY go outside the line, and then they just look drawn on. Have you ever tried the brow guides? The plastic ones that you put over your brow, and then fill in, so they are even? It might be good to get some and kind of see how much you can do without it looking too dramatic, if that makes sense. I also think a setting gel, especially colored, helps to give the brows definition, and a really crisp look. I have pretty good brows, and my mother wouldn't let me pluck them except for strays. I do have a shorter tail than I'd like, but I just draw a little on for that. The beginning of my brow is more sparse than I prefer, but I use a pencil or Anastasia Dipbrow (that stuff is freaking amazing!), and groom with blonde or clear gel. Because I'm fair with blonde hair, I gave to have a decent brow or they disappear, but have to be careful not to make them too dark. That makes them scary lol! Those are my techniques, and while I don't have the exact same issues as you, I think some of these things might help? At least I hope so. Smiley Wink And if it makes you feel better, I've gotten numerous compliments on my brows, and have friends that like for me to groom and shape them.
Super Contributor

I was never into waxing my brows, so they are pretty full. I really like Mally's brow gel in taupe. It comes in a pencil-like tube and one swipe on each brow works in a flash. I also like IT's YBBB pencil.

Didn't have luck with Laura Geller's brow products, etc.

Respected Contributor

Hmmm, I have the same issues as Future except my brows are sparse at the tail rather than the beginning. I've had success adding in the morning but I've never been successful in the tail staying all day. I've tried a few products that are supposed to take care of that but no great shakes. The rest of the brows are strawberry blonde to red and just disappear on my face if I don't help them a I bit. Just like Future they can be scary if too dark.

The Dalton you have posted looks exactly like the recently released Too Faced product that is supposed to last all day. How long does it last for you, Irish?

Super Contributor

On 7/17/2014 BellaCarro said:Hmmm, I have the same issues as Future except my brows are sparse at the tail rather than the beginning. I've had success adding in the morning but I've never been successful in the tail staying all day. I've tried a few products that are supposed to take care of that but no great shakes. The rest of the brows are strawberry blonde to red and just disappear on my face if I don't help them a I bit. Just like Future they can be scary if too dark.

The Dalton you have posted looks exactly like the recently released Too Faced product that is supposed to last all day. How long does it last for you, Irish?

All day..........until I wash my face just before bed. That's why I've never switched to a different product. You can control the amount used......it looks realistic......and stays all day.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I went to Anastasia's site when someone talked about the contour palette. I saw the dipbrow and the stencils. So I should try those Future? Using a gel sets them?

Will the dipbrow give the look of tiny real hairs?

eta: I sense a trip to Ulta in my future.....

Super Contributor

On 7/17/2014 FUTURE said: I think brows are kind of like lips in that you can kind of BARELY go outside the line, and then they just look drawn on. Have you ever tried the brow guides? The plastic ones that you put over your brow, and then fill in, so they are even? It might be good to get some and kind of see how much you can do without it looking too dramatic, if that makes sense. I also think a setting gel, especially colored, helps to give the brows definition, and a really crisp look. I have pretty good brows, and my mother wouldn't let me pluck them except for strays. I do have a shorter tail than I'd like, but I just draw a little on for that. The beginning of my brow is more sparse than I prefer, but I use a pencil or Anastasia Dipbrow (that stuff is freaking amazing!), and groom with blonde or clear gel. Because I'm fair with blonde hair, I gave to have a decent brow or they disappear, but have to be careful not to make them too dark. That makes them scary lol! Those are my techniques, and while I don't have the exact same issues as you, I think some of these things might help? At least I hope so. Smiley Wink And if it makes you feel better, I've gotten numerous compliments on my brows, and have friends that like for me to groom and shape them.

How about this Saturday? I'll bring some nice salads for us for lunch. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

My supervisor has been struggling with this same thing for many years. She turned 60 this year, and as a special treat for that milestone, she got her eyebrows tattooed at an upscale day spa.

She is very satisfied with the results, and likes not having to deal with the extra step of drawing her brows on every morning and "hoping for the best". They look great, quite natural, and I'm glad that doing this one small thing made her feel better about herself.

Respected Contributor

On 7/17/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 7/17/2014 FUTURE said: I think brows are kind of like lips in that you can kind of BARELY go outside the line, and then they just look drawn on. Have you ever tried the brow guides? The plastic ones that you put over your brow, and then fill in, so they are even? It might be good to get some and kind of see how much you can do without it looking too dramatic, if that makes sense. I also think a setting gel, especially colored, helps to give the brows definition, and a really crisp look. I have pretty good brows, and my mother wouldn't let me pluck them except for strays. I do have a shorter tail than I'd like, but I just draw a little on for that. The beginning of my brow is more sparse than I prefer, but I use a pencil or Anastasia Dipbrow (that stuff is freaking amazing!), and groom with blonde or clear gel. Because I'm fair with blonde hair, I gave to have a decent brow or they disappear, but have to be careful not to make them too dark. That makes them scary lol! Those are my techniques, and while I don't have the exact same issues as you, I think some of these things might help? At least I hope so. Smiley Wink And if it makes you feel better, I've gotten numerous compliments on my brows, and have friends that like for me to groom and shape them.

How about this Saturday? I'll bring some nice salads for us for lunch. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

If I were near you, I'd totally do it!!! Smiley Wink I LOVE salad, too! If you use a super fine brush, I think you could make the Dipbrow look like individual hairs. You might have more control with a pencil. I love it, but I think it's better for filling. She has a super fine pencil, and Ulta and sephora should carry it, if you need to look at colors. The Dipbrow does wear well for me when I use it on the tail. Also, have you thought about Latisse (or Careprost, the generic from overseas pharmacies)? I'm using it for my lashes and I put it on the beginning of my brows, and I've noticed they are filling in more. Not a guarantee, but might be worth a shot?? HTH! Oh, and I always use brow gel. It just gives a groomed and polished look, IMO.
Respected Contributor

Oh, and at Sephora (you could try Ulta, but I feel you'll have better luck at Sephora or even Nordies), you could have them use the stencils and Dipbrow or fine pencil and see if you like the look before you buy. They might have some expert tips, too!! I'm no expert. Just a girl who is a freak about my brows. Lol!