Respected Contributor

Re: How Much money would you pay for Perfume?

Under $100 for spray cologne for me.  I shop price so I don't feel guilty.

The past few years my go to has been Bulgari Omnia Coral.  It is warm and energetic.  Too energetic for this year it seems.

Switched to Burberry Her London Dream.  Still bright, but not demanding.

Have you switched up because of covid isolation??

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 There are several issues at play here. First, why do you care what someone else would pay for something? You may find a perfume to be as important to your happiness and enjoyment of life as someone else may find buying an expensive garment. Second, a quality perfume is a work of art. It is a dying art, and as such the really great fragrances command a high price. The ingredients you listed are extremely expensive, and so the price. I know women who make an average salary and spend $400. for a perfume. Of course they sacrifice other things to allow this expenditure in their budget, but those other things are less important. "To each his own". That has always been a wise and useful statement.

Honored Contributor

My world revolves around fragrance.  I want everything in my life to smell good, fresh, clean, bright and seductive/alluring Smiley Wink   My husband's favorite (for me) is Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet.  That's about $85 for 1.7oz.  My favorite and totally opposite from Miss Dior is Tom Ford's Oud Wood.  I wish I had enough money to bathe in it!  Last time I bought it, it was $150 for 1oz.  I just looked yesterday and I've got about 1/4 left (sigh).  I wear perfume when I'm not going out.  I wear BBW Twilight Woods to bed.  It's soft and woodsy.  Makes for a good night's sleep.

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover 

I think it was just a friendly conversation starter.  A question among friends Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@furbabylover   First of all everyone buys and spends what they want.  i never try to keep up with anyone but myself.  This is just a fun sort of thread

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I got out of the habit of wearing perfume years ago.  I used to sit next to a lady in choir who would have coughing fits due to perfumes.  Also, I had a friend who liked to "layer her scents".  She would get in my car and I would smell her perfume for days.  I never actually wore perfume, I guess cologne was the correct term.  

Esteemed Contributor

I used to use perfume that topped out at $75. Now DH, my adult son and me buy our cologne at Old Navy (on sale $7.50) or Dollar Tree.  Works for us ( we all spend a bunch on electronics, travel and,for me, jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   I still wear and love Chanel No5. I  think I wore it at my wedding. That's a looooooong time ago. It's quite a classic fragrance. Many people recognize it. For quite awhile it was my signature perfume (or parfume, according to France and Tova), but then began to branch out and purchase others.

I've seen women, in commercials,  stand back and spray it on their necks, clothing and hair. Not a great idea because of the alcohol content. Besides it's way too much strong. Coco Chanel said the "fragrance shouldn't enter the room before the woman".

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac   Guess you read my reply to @ECBG . I'm a Chanel No5 gal, too....and you're correct. Each person decides what price range is good for their budget. 

There's always much discussion here when an expensive item is presented on Q. Some are yay and others nay. It's an individual decision.

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

$350 is just too much to pay for perfume. I have spent as much as $100, but I honestly think that is too much, too. Right now, I have the 4oz size of one of the newer Philosophy fragrances in my wish list and I can't bring myself to pay $66 plus tax and shipping to buy it.....Maybe I will go wild and buy it some day.

@Goldengate8361   Personal choice, but gave up Philosophy fragrances. They just don't last like when Christina was with the company.