Respected Contributor

Re: How Much Would You Pay For A Haircut

@cuddlesmama

That's a bargain.  My cut and blow-dry is $100 without a tip.  When I add color it's $185.

Super Contributor

I pay $7.99 w a coupon at Great Clips. Plus 2-3$ tip. I request the girl that I like best. She gives me advice on home coloring, how to style it, etc.  love it!!!

I did a test once.  I had a snooty coworker who paid over $200 for her cut. I went to a nice salon and paid $45 (a lot for me) and she loved it when I told her. The next two times she also loved it when I paid $8!!  I have an easy cut. 

Contributor

I pay $15 (including tip).  I keep my hair very short.  Shampoo, gel and out the door I go.  I shampoo my hair before I go. She cuts my hair and then I have her rinse after the cut so I don't have tiny hairs falling all over me. The only time she dries it is in the winter.  She was an instructor at a couple of the cosmetology schools before she opened her own shop in her home.  I don't know what I'll do when she retires.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cuddlesmama wrote:

My hairdresser went up  in her prices from $22.00 for a wash haircut  and blowdry to $32.00 I do like her so I don't mind, but a new hairsalon just opened in my area and the reviews are all soo good and the cuts do look good on their facebook page but I was shocked to see a wash haircut and dry was $65.00. Is this the normal pricing now? Or are they just super expensive? I don't know if I would ever consider this price.

@cuddlesmama

I don't know if you've heard of Drybar, but it's a salon that doesn't do cuts or haircoloring .... just blowouts.  

For a shampoo and blow out, our local Drybar charges $40.   I've never been there, but when I drive by, I wonder how they stay in busines.  Their website says they are opening new salons, so maybe they sell a LOT of product.

Esteemed Contributor

It all depends on how good your stylist is for your hair .  How good is the cut, how does it grow in, how long does your style hold all makes a difference.

It you can get it done for $20 - go for it.

Occasional Contributor

$60 plus tip

Super Contributor

Is t a blowout just a hairdry?  I have super straight hair so don't see any point in that. 

Honored Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

Is t a blowout just a hairdry?  I have super straight hair so don't see any point in that. 

@Adamlambert - yes a blowout is a hairdry.  You're lucky you don't need it.  Some of us have to have our hair smacked into submission. : )

Honored Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

@Adamlambert

A blowout is a styling with round brushes according to how the cut was done.    If you have long straight hair that's all one length, I would doubt this would be for you.  OTOH, if you had a cut with layers and wanted volume, this would mean more effort, and someone doing it for you might have more appeal.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been following a guy that's been cutting my hair for years.  Even when I lived in Indiana I was fllying back to Maryland to get my hair cut by him, he's that good.  I pay 49.00 for a cut from him plus tip.  If he raised it to 100 I'd still have him cut my hair. He's worth every penney spent.