Esteemed Contributor

I tried the Hourglass veil translucent powder which arrived yesterday. I had a problem getting the powder out of the package at first. I pulled a corner of the tape off the top, but I couldn't get any powder on my brush. It took a couple tries before it worked. I didn't want to waste the product, so maybe was too careful. 

I applied the powder under my eyes after using concealer and used a little on top of my facial primer. My eyes looked brighter and the powder made my skin look smooth; it felt like velvet.

So far, so good. I thought that the powder might aggravate lines,, but it's too translucent, so that isn't a problem. It's a nice product, and feels great on my skin. Thumbs up!

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

I haven't tried this product.  Thanks for the review.  I do use their primer and it's by far the best primer I've ever used.

Regular Contributor

Do you mean the full size powder in the rather large tub?  Turn it over with the lid on. Give the bottom a good smack with your hand. Turn it back over, open and you will have the perfect amount for one application.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cwoldie wrote:

Do you mean the full size powder in the rather large tub?  Turn it over with the lid on. Give the bottom a good smack with your hand. Turn it back over, open and you will have the perfect amount for one application.

I have the mini size. I could try doing the same with the one I have and see what happens. It looks the packaging is similar in both sizes. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

@Cwoldie wrote:

I have the mini size. I could try doing the same with the one I have and see what happens. It looks the packaging is similar in both sizes. 

I have the mini size and that is exactly what I do.

Regular Contributor

It won't work with the mini size. Just shake a bit into the lid and swirl your brush in it.

Respected Contributor

Is it better or different from Bareminerals mineral veil or IT cosmetics loose powder.  I have both of those.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone know how the Hourglass compares with IT Bye Bye Pores loose powder?  I have the IT product.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Does anyone know how the Hourglass compares with IT Bye Bye Pores loose powder?  I have the IT product.

@San Antonio Gal I use th Bye Bye Pores that's in a compact and the Hourglass Veil.  I use the BBP right after I apply concealer to set it and along the sides of my nose where pores are most visible.  It also provides a smooth surface for any eyeshadow fallout that I can then just brush away.  After that, I apply the rest of my makeup and finish up with the hourglass Veil lightly brushed all over.  

I only get the mini of the Hourglass as that lasts me quite a long time, like a couple of years.  I just turn it over with the lid on and lightly tap it a couple of times on th counter.  That deposits some of the powder in the lid.  Usually, there's also some in the area where the holes are, so I use that firs on my forehead and the part in the lid for the rest of my face.

Not a fan of the Hourglass mineral primer.  I prefer IT over that, but I just tried a couple of new primers, Elf Putty Primer and NYX Marshmellow Primer and so far the NYX primer is by far the best.  I'll give them both a couple more tries, but I think I have found my new primer assuming it doesn't get discontinued. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

OK, I just added the NYX Marshmallow primer to my WM shopping cart.  I have my HG Hourglass primer and will do a side by side test with both of these when I get it.   I'm throwing out the word "dupe".  I've never found a true dupe for higher end products but if it works as well as the Hourglass product by creating a smooth and blurred canvas, keeps my makeup looking better longer and works well with my foundation, it will be a winner Smiley Happy