Honored Contributor

Hourglass Holiday Collection

I don't have any Hourglass products other than my holygrail Hourglass primer.  Maybe I could trade a kidney for the face palette on the left.

Hourglass.JPG

Respected Contributor

Re: Hourglass Holiday Collection

The one on the right looks like a re-configuration of the one I got last year. But, have to say I use it all the time, Worth every dime!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Jacie 

I knew that one looked familiar.  Thanks for the nudge.  I've never tried these.

Respected Contributor

The hourglass holiday palettes are so so pretty.  The one on the left is gorgeous.  The mauve shade makes this palette as it can double for a blush and eyeshadow.  At least, that is the way it looks. 

These palettes just make me stop and pause every time. 

@monicakm, thank you, and others, for keeping the beauty forum fun. I use to be knee deep in makeup but not so much anymore since I really tossed a ton of products barely used or never used. I love makep for some reason but never really take the time to use it except once in a blue moon. 

Years ago, this forum use to be sooooooooooo much fun. All the ladies just jumped in with new finds and loves and we were all running around seeking out the products and just talking up a storm about them. I miss those days. So, thank you for bringing some of that spirit back. 

Enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies 

Makeup IS fun Smiley Happy  I remember those days you're talking about.  I was here years ago, stopped and then came back last year.  I first signed up on the boards in 2006 even tho it says 2010.  I'm glad you enjoy the makeup I share Smiley Happy  You're so sweet to mention it.  I'm going to have to think hard about that palette on the left.  I don't even know how much it costs.  I'm afraid to find out!  I'm going to have to choose between it and TWO Huda e/s palettes (BOGO)  I'm leaning towards the Hourglass face palette.

What are some of your favorite brands and looks?  Do you like to play with color sometimes or keep it lowkey and neutral?

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies 

Just looked on their website.  Wowza, I can pretty well say this palette is going to be out of my tax bracket Smiley Surprised  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   I am wondering if your husband ever saw your makeup stash?  Or, do you hide your purchases from him?   I can just see him now opening the drawer with your eye shadow.  LOL  I remember when my BFF hid shoes, dress ,etc. in the trunk of her car so her husband would not see it.  Her daughter was in a beauty pageant so my BFF was always buying her something.  I got a kick out of her hiding it from the husband.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@monicakm   I am wondering if your husband ever saw your makeup stash?  Or, do you hide your purchases from him?   I can just see him now opening the drawer with your eye shadow.  LOL  I remember when my BFF hid shoes, dress ,etc. in the trunk of her car so her husband would not see it.  Her daughter was in a beauty pageant so my BFF was always buying her something.  I got a kick out of her hiding it from the husband.

@Katcat1   That's a hoot!  Thankfully, my beauty/skincare purchases are 80% for business and deductible. Some are PR and do not cost me anything. I don't purchase that much for myself. I'm a creature of habit and usually stay with the same products that become my HG and don't change them often...unless discontinued. 

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus Do you know if these hourglass palettes are baked like Laura Geller baked?

Also, can you give us your entire list of holy grail products here?

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

@Shanus Do you know if these hourglass palettes are baked like Laura Geller baked?

Also, can you give us your entire list of holy grail products here?

@Squirrel Lover   Really? That would take awhile, but I'll try to hit the main products:

SKINCARE: 

Still using Skinceuticals Emolliance for day and the Renew Overnite for dry skin at night. I add oil (now loving the RMS oil) to either or both if needed. I also use Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF  50 on "work days" and Neutrogena Dry Touch on other days. Eye Cream is Skinceuticals Eye Balm or Bobbi Brown Extra Eye Repair at night. Retin A at night and The Ordinary Vit. C in the morning. I also like PTR acid pads for exfoliation if I have dry, patchy areas. I can do microdermabrasion myself with my machine. I change to a richer cream in winter. Cleanser is BB Soothing Oil at night to remove spf. In the mornings, a splash of cold water and maybe followed by BB Hydrating Toner. 

MAKEUP: Work days, not my everyday 5 Minute Face...

My skincare is followed ( when I need to wear full makeup) by Laura Mercier Primer ...not the illuminating one. Mine is the Pure Canvas Primer Perfecting. Then BB corrector and concealer. I wear my BB Serum Foundation (a light coverage foundation). Any spots are covered with another concealer that's my foundation shade. The alternative for a more finished look is 2 or 3 BB Foundation Sticks...lighter in the center of face and a shade darker for the outer areas. Their lightest shade can be used as a full coverage concealer. LM setting powder just in the T zone and maybe LM undereye setting powder. I usually reach for my Natasha Denona Glam palette and do a neutral, but defined eye. I tightline with  Mally's Sailor pencil (waterproof, but difficult to find...I have a stash) or an Urban Decay pencil in navy. I use a shadow with a damp brush to line the outer corners top and bottom and smudge. Brows are the IT universal pencil or the BB Brow kit in Medium or ABH powder in Medium Brown. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Flawless Bronzer is pink enough for a bronzer/blush and I add BB cream blush on top in powder pink or pale pink w/ RMS Luminizer balm on top for a bit of shine. Lips are a nude/pink liner (I have a selection of different ones) with a lip balm on top. Wera a mask with clients, so lips are not an issue.

I think that's it. Contour with my Kevin Aucoin Contouring powder in Medium is reserved for a really "done" look and I add a light toned shimmer shadow on top of blush for a highlight.