Respected Contributor

Host's Changing Voice Volume

I think Sandra Bennett is beautiful and a great host, but there is one thing she does that I wish she wouldn't.  She routinely starts out speaking in a normal voice and then suddenly drops the volume and almost at a mumbling level, finishes her sentence.  She does it sometimes when she is giving key information, so it is a little frustrating to have to back up the tv and crank up the volume just to hear what she said when she dropped her voice.  Maybe she is unaware that she does this.   She's probably my favorite host, so this is certainly not meant to slam her, but just to let her know that sometimes it's hard to hear what she's saying.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host's Changing Voice Volume

@santorini

@santorini wrote:

I think Sandra Bennett is beautiful and a great host, but there is one thing she does that I wish she wouldn't.  She routinely starts out speaking in a normal voice and then suddenly drops the volume and almost at a mumbling level, finishes her sentence.  She does it sometimes when she is giving key information, so it is a little frustrating to have to back up the tv and crank up the volume just to hear what she said when she dropped her voice.  Maybe she is unaware that she does this.   She's probably my favorite host, so this is certainly not meant to slam her, but just to let her know that sometimes it's hard to hear what she's saying.

I notice the same.  I like her also, but last night, she would not let Dr. DENESE talk much.  In Sandra,s defense,  Dr. DENESE was a little off, not her usual self, but I love her and her products.  I know she got a face lift, or eyes, clearly botox on forehead, but her products still very good.  Nothing gets rid of wrinkles, but they give good skin.. 

Going for my botox injections today. Ha.   Dermatologist Says I have beautiful skin

Honored Contributor

I agree about Sandra.  I like her on the beauty shows, etc., but she speaks way too fast.  Maybe QVC encourages this, but I wish she would slow down.

Respected Contributor

But then there's Antonella.  OMG she screams into the mike more often than she talks.  I can't watch her.

Same goes for the new host (I think her name is Alex.)  She screams and screeches constantly - a hazard to my eardrums. So I can't watch her either.  And won't.

Regular Contributor

I agree about Antonella; I never have been able to watch her.  She starts out loud and keeps shouting.  Plus, her excess makeup and hair (which she is always pushing away) and her nails are too distracting.  I don't like it when  host puts on and wears all the jewelry through the show--so one or two things and change it out.  So tacky.

Trusted Contributor

@santorini

I don't notice it that much maybe b/c she's not on as much when I tune in.

But this was a big complaint by many when she was new.

I thought when I saw post "this oh no she is back doing that voice again!"

I like her she's good at her job, so pretty and sweet and has come a long way IMHO. But hope 'that voice' you mention does not return for long b/c she must've learn to control her voice over time . I'm sure the Q directors or whoever must coach them and help them and they should continue to teach them to do better like with any job people have but as a host, millions watch you!.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky