Regular Contributor

Could someone recommend a red nail polish for the upcoming holidays? I am over 65, I’m very pale skinned, and I keep my nails short. I always shy away from bright or deep colors but this year I’ve decided to throw caution to the wind and look festive! Thanks for any help!

Contributor

@FLGranny wrote:

Could someone recommend a red nail polish for the upcoming holidays? I am over 65, I’m very pale skinned, and I keep my nails short. I always shy away from bright or deep colors but this year I’ve decided to throw caution to the wind and look festive! Thanks for any help!

Two oldies, but goodies:

OPI - I'm Not Really a Waitress

Revlon - Cherries in the Snow

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Nail Help

[ Edited ]

If you are ready to be lit.....China Glaze's Ruby Pumps

My favorite nail polish Pacifica (only $8 and the best!) has a couple of colors that dial it down a notch that you might want to explore:  Fame (a pinky red) or even softer a rosy gold (I'll see if I can find the name for you}.  

But these three polishes give you a range....so you can go bold and big....or soft and sweet!  Enjoy the holidays!

ETA:  I just went to the Pacifica web site (15% off coupon and great scents as well as polish) and the "rosy gold" polish is call Rose Gold.  It might be too soft for the look you are going for...but still in a festive mode.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

You could be really daring and go with the latest trend that is live ants on your nails.  I don't know how this popped up on my email, but it is a real thing.  It looks like they give you acrylic nails and make each nail like a tube.  Then they put a live ant into each tube, and seal the end and shape.  It looks absolutely disgusting.  I can only imagine how many diseases you can get from this.

Stick with the festive red.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Thank you ladies for your help. I’m going to check out those colors. Except for the ant thing. (LMAO)!!

Honored Contributor

I like OPI Big Apple Red

Honored Contributor

For holiday time, my go to red is China Glaze Ruby Pumps, a gorgeous holiday red with a bit of sparkle in it. I have been wearing it every Dec for the last 15 years. Find it on ebay. And by the way, I am older than you!!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the active link to another retail site

Respected Contributor

Essie bubbles only

Respected Contributor

Right now I’m wearing “Under the Kilt” from the new Scotland fall collection from OPI and you might like it @FLGranny for your holiday red.