Honored Contributor

Holiday Makeup Kits Out Already

I was being lazy this morning and any excuse I could come up with to not get up off the couch and start my day was fine by me.  So decided to browse ULTA's website for new makeup arrivals.  Was suprrised to see how many holiday kits from TARTE, Clinique, BUXOM, and others are being offered already.  Put a couple Clinique items and a NARS item on  my "Favorites" list that would be nice for DD's stocking.  Have enough points saved so could use those.  Going to think about it.  DD and I only do stockings for each other now so if I got these combined with what I've already picked up, I could be just about done!  I usually include a gift card to ULTA and one to her favorite bookstore but would get those later.  Not sure I've ever had her stocking done this early.  Sorry, I know I'm rambling which is annoying.  LOL

My whole point of this post was to let you all know there are some nice holiday kits already available on ULTA's website in case you want to get a jump on the shopping and holiday rush.  Makes me wonder if they are offering these things this early, what if they sell out before Thanksgiving, then what will they offer?

Honored Contributor

Re: Holiday Makeup Kits Out Already

Thanks for posting @JudyL . I'm wondering if they're already in store or just online. I've had some bad luck lately judging colors from a computer instead of in person.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Thanks for posting @JudyL . I'm wondering if they're already in store or just online. I've had some bad luck lately judging colors from a computer instead of in person.

@Shanus  - that's something I hadn't thought of - whether they were online only or in the store also.  Hmmm, good point.  Luckily the things I'm thinking of for DD are all neutral shades so I'm not worried about that part.  One of the lip glosses she may not like but I will!  HAHA

Respected Contributor

I admit it....it is rare that I give those to anyone, I keep them for ME!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

You can go to Ulta website & if you type in search engine Holiday, 104 items come up for now. Here's a few items: 

IMG_0080.png

IMG_0079.png

IMG_0078.png

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom  - oh my!  I like the Benefit one.  May have to go back and put that on my favorites list for when I decide what to get DD.  

Honored Contributor

The Givenchy set caught my eye. 

Honored Contributor

This is on Urban Decay's website:

eyeshadows

IMG_0081.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Nice for gift giving.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @JudyL! I got a notice from bareMinerals about their holiday selections. Here's the eyeshadow palette:

Ocean Wonders Eyeshadow Palette 

IMG_2521.jpeg

It's pretty, and a mix of matte and shimmer, but IMO it's more suited to summer. There is also a cheek palette, Ocean Sunset Glow. The whole collection is called "Bare Ocean."

Maybe other makeup companies have done this in the past, but I've never seen them. I wonder how popular these will be. Maybe they will sell out!