Contributor

Please can anyone suggest a water based foundation?

Honored Contributor

@Docsgal

Maybe you need to come up with a new title for your thread. 

I wish I could help!  I ended up doing an online search and there are plenty of them out there -- that I don't use.

But if I had to go back to foundation the one I'd probably start with would be L'Oreal's True Match™ Super Blendable Makeup.

True Blend

It's readily available, relatively inexpensive and there are almost 50 shades divided into cool, neutral and warm categories.

Gets high marks from several of the ladies here on the forum.  I even had a conversation with a woman at Walgreens one day who told me she had used everything out there -- drugstore and high-end -- and she said that True Blend was comparable to some of the "best" and priciest formulas on the market.  She always ended up going back to it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Docsgal

I'm so sorry no one else has suggested anything yet.  Have you looked online?  Lots of articles about the top-rated foundations.

But, like I said, I'd start with the True Blend.  There's also a thread about

The Healthy Foundation SPF 20 from Physicians Formula.  The shade selection looks good -- and pretty simple.  You should take a gander. Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Docsgal  Here are a few -- MAC, NYX, Makeup Forever and Stila.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Docsgal

Check out A301218, Westmore Beauty's foundation. I can't get the ingredient tab to open for me but I do know using an oil free moisturizer is recommended with this product.

The reviews are either love ... or not. I use this and it is fine for me. No problems, great coverage, a little goes far and especially nice longevity in hot humid temps. A dab on the eyes and lips makes a super base too. HTH

Contributor

I just purchased some Clean liquid makeup by Cover Girl.  It is water based and it goes on beautiful.  I wasn't too keen on purchasing it, but I mix it with my PTR Firm X to help with my jowls and it works wonderful.  I didn't think I'd like it because I thought since it was water-based that it wouldn't cover, but it does a great job.  Hope this helps.