Trusted Contributor

Help finding a great concealer please!

My skin looks really good After introducing Paula's Choice 2% to my skincare routine. Instead of foundation all over, I've been applying a moisturizer and then blending concealed into areas where I need a little coverage for redness( sides of nose, chin). I'm using the BareMinerals cream concealer and its good but I'm always curious about the next best thing...any other siggestions? I'm debating between the new Holly Mordini concealer, Laura Gellers new baked concealer (but the color looks off to me), and anything else recommended for those areas. It is not for undereye, and I find the Tarte maracuja and It BBU to be too oily for these areas on me.
Respected Contributor

Re: Help finding a great concealer please!

@Mrsq2022  I use foundation infrequently all over but need something for nose area (thanks to my mixed Irish and Lithuanian heritage).  Over the years I've tried everything including laser, which btw works but does need to be repeated.  The best product I have found is by Cargo.  It is called OneBase and billed as Concealer + Foundation in one.  It would be pricey to use as an all over foundation everyday but it is perfect for my need.  Maybe that would work for you, too.  HTH

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I currently use Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer and like it very much.  She also has several other concenaler depending on your needs.  Stila also has a very good concealer.  I also only wear concealer at times and finish with a setting powder.

Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

For what you are describing, you might try BM summer bisque powder.  I don't use their foundation powder, but I do like this for concealing.  It obviously wouldn't be too oily, but it  is a 'creamy' powder if that makes sense, so it doesn't cause problems that other powders do (at least on me.)  I find it has great coverage.  It is so easy to apply and doesn't melt off in heat/humidity.   I think there are a few shades of it now, maybe? Also, I've been trying IT cosmetics powder with spf (in the compact.)  I have been able to use a moisturizer and then just conceal with this (over redness like you describe and blemishes.)   I've tried this method when I want minimal stuff on my skin & have found it works nicely.  I do have clogged pores around my nose and neither of these make them have that 'dotted' look.  hth

Honored Contributor

I'm a fan of It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye -- in the black tube. It's an undereye concealer but also can be used a foundation. I would think the latter would be more for someone who needs full coverage, but it certainly works very well on any areas that need a little coverage help.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bella Carro wrote:

@Mrsq2022  I use foundation infrequently all over but need something for nose area (thanks to my mixed Irish and Lithuanian heritage).  Over the years I've tried everything including laser, which btw works but does need to be repeated.  The best product I have found is by Cargo.  It is called OneBase and billed as Concealer + Foundation in one.  It would be pricey to use as an all over foundation everyday but it is perfect for my need.  Maybe that would work for you, too.  HTH

I wish that I could do this - only use concealer/foundation in select spots.  I need a salmon color for the darkness under my eyes (hereditary)and the broken capilaries around my nose. I then have to blend it with a foundation. If I only used concealer, it would be too obvious....

I also had laser for the broken capilaries, but as you stated, they do come back eventually. I have given up on laser. 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

right now I'm pretty pleased with Laura Geller's new potted baked concealer.  It covers well and the color is perfect. Didn't care for the brush though because it was round, but using a flat paddle brush works better.  

Frequent Contributor

Hard Candy Glamoflage, can be found at Walmart.  Very inexpensive, huge tube for around $5.00.  Higher end, MUFE Full Coverage, Lancome Effacernes.  If you have a lot of the Tarte Maracuja from kits, try powdering over it and/or under it to make it last longer.  You could also experiment with primer and setting spray with it if you have some on hand.

CeeCee

Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone.  I'm going to try some different ways of applying my Tarte and It concealer a since I own them already.  Then it looks like a trip to Ulta or sephora is in my future.  I appreciate the suggestions.  I really dislike going into these stores blindly so it's good to focus on 3-4 brands to try to get a good color match!  

Frequent Contributor

I tried so many different brands over the years and there is absolutely nothing  better than Derma Blend.  A container of it lasts for years.  Try looking it up by name on the computer for price. Comes in different shades to match your complexion.  Love it.