Super Contributor

I would suggest trying Fig and 613, if you haven't already. I also have fine, dry hair that is tangle prone as well (prior to using Wen I could barely get a comb or brush through my hair it was so bad). The core CC's I use are Fig, TT & SAM (I don't need to use all these, but like variety) and I use 613 as sort of a booster because my hair is dry and likes protein. I usually add about 3 or 4 pumps of 613 (613 on its own is too much for my hair, but mixed is perfect) to whatever core CC I am using and a comb will just glide thru my hair. It took me a while to find this perfect combination, but the results are worth it. No frizz or flyaways for me either, just smooth hair. I also use the SC and GS as well to give my hair extra shine and protect from heat styling.

Honored Contributor
On 9/4/2014 teach6691 said: It was tangled when I first washed and combed through to distribute the wen and still tangled during second go around including when I got out of the shower. That is why I got back in the shower to do it all over again. The last round it was still tangled but only from the ears down.

It's possible your hair doesn't like that formula. If you have followed all the normal rules on massaging the CC into and combing longer hair then it's probably the formula. POM makes my hair feel tangly and rough. Different peoples hair likes different formulas of Wen. I don't have hair like yours so I can't recommend one.

I also think that 2 pumps of CC out of the 32 oz bottle for leave in is a lot for your hair type and length.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I have several thoughts about this. It sounds like you're using more than you might need and I wonder if you're adding a splash of water when you add the WEN.

I have hair the same length and use a 32-ounce bottle. I usually use 8-10 pumps for my first cleanse and 6-8 for the second. I add some to my length first, then add to my scalp in sections. Once it's all in, I quickly move my head under the shower for a split second and add some water, then massage into my scalp. Adding water really helps prevent it from tangling up. Afterward, I rinse and then add my 6-8 pump second cleanse. That I usually don't massage in too much, I add it to my hair and scalp and rake it through from the bottom and work my way up to the top, detangling as I go. Then I clip it up and leave it in for the duration of my shower.

When I'm ready to rinse, I use the regular shower setting and get directly under the stream, raking my fingers and detangling again as I go.

When I finish rinsing, I add one pump from a 16-oz bottle as my leave-in. I think that if I used 2 pumps from the 32-oz bottle, I'd get tangled, too. Try using 1/2 pump from the 32-oz. I like to add 4 drops of oil to my leave-in and then rake that through my length and then my crown. After that I apply my styling products and use a t-shirt to blot dry. I leave my hair to air dry.

I hope that helps.

Respected Contributor

Many good suggestions by everyone. I agree that you may being using the wrong formula for your hair. If you haven't already, you should go to the Chaz Dean site and try the recommender. I found this to be very accurate and should tell you what formulas are best for your hair type.

Contributor
Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions. I will be giving them a try. Chynnablue, how long does a 32 oz bottle last for you?
Respected Contributor
I don't understand how using too much CC could be causing you to tangle. I can't comb or finger-comb through my hair unless my hair is saturated and I have used enough. I use closer to 4 pumps from the 32oz bottle for my leave-in. I use Fig, though, which is very moisturizing...and I mix in some WEN oil as well.