Contributor

Hi everyone,

I've been using Wen since this summer and finally took the plunge and ordered the treatment oil and remoist kit combo kit when it was on EP a few weeks ago. I'm curious to know what do you most of you do with the oil. Do you uses them with the remoist? I did that and today my hair was a big soft mess of limp locks. I heard on the shows this weekend some of the women use the oils 4 times a week. Any tips or tricks for using te oils would be appreciated. TIA.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Help Using Treatment Oils

The oils are used for overnight scalp treatments. Take the dropper and glide it across front right slowly dispensing the oil directly on your scalp. Do both sides in front and on the back and then gently massage it into your scalp. I also use the oils on my cutitcles, in my foot bath(tea tree)I use it on skin after showering while skin is still damp, I mix it with my Wen lotion.
Honored Contributor

I use the oil 2 times per week. I put it on my scalp & massage in & comb with the Wen comb. I leave it on all night & cleanse my hair the next day. I just bought the remoist & used it overnight but did not like having it in my hair all night. I have only used it one other time since. I used it like a regular conditioner would be used on my hair after I did a root touchup. My hair was really shiny. If I use it as a hair mask again I will put it on when I get up in the morning & cleanse my hair later in the day.

Esteemed Contributor

I think oil scalp (+hair) treatment and re-moist should be used separately and on different days.

Oil is the best to put on your scalp only and rub it in, spreading with your fingers or Wen brush down to your hair ends. Overnight, on dry hair, wash it off with CC in the morning, or later in the next day.

Re-moist is also very powerful (hair) treatment - moisturizing mask. This one is for your hair. This one to be used on clean, washed, wet hair. Overnight or for a few hours. Rinse it off in the shower, do not wash it off with CC.

Respected Contributor

I actually prefer the oils over the remoist for adding moisture to my hair. I apply 4 full droppers to my scalp and massage it in. I also like to add some oil to the midshaft and ends of my hair for extra moisture. I cleanse the oils out in the morning.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

On 3/24/2015 Hilary77 said: I actually prefer the oils over the remoist for adding moisture to my hair. I apply 4 full droppers to my scalp and massage it in. I also like to add some oil to the midshaft and ends of my hair for extra moisture. I cleanse the oils out in the morning.

Me too. The remoist is okay but I prefer the oils as well.

Trusted Contributor

Are the oils all for different purposes? It seems from reading here that TT is often used for thinning and/or fine hair but think I might have also heard on Wen shows that it is an over-all excellent scalp treatment. I do recall that LR used TT oil. I was just wondering if the others all have different results? Guess I can do some research on them by reading through product descriptions.

Esteemed Contributor

I have WWC, Lavender and TT oils. They are all great! TT smells very "medicinal", because of what's in it, and rightly so! Those are very powerful and healing ingredients, and I put a lot of emphasis on TT oil now. Some people hate TT's smell. For me it smells okay, but I do enjoy using WWC by far better, because it smells so good! I ordered Lilac Oil, cant' wait to use it too!

Super Contributor

Good morning. I am going to jump on here with a question of my own about the treatment oils rather than start a new conversation which I was about to. I am new to WEN and am loving it. I tried the TT oil and the Lavender oil on my scalp. My scalp felt so soothed and refreshed. Loved that. And my hair was super soft after cleansing. Question however... After I used the oils and used the CC I noticed a lot of hair in my drain. Much more than when I just use the CC's alone. Is this normal? I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this. I have had a problem with some hair loss and breakage and that was one of the big reasons I switched to WEN. I really love these oils and want to continue using them. I would welcome anyone's opinions or suggestions. My hair has never looked better.

Respected Contributor

I don't leave the oil in overnight. I found that it does stain my pillowcases and I don't like that. I don't have spare pillowcases so I don't want to ruin my bedding. So, what I do is put the oils in before I work out and they stay in an hour or two and then I wash as usual. I do not notice any difference between leaving them in for an hour or two versus overnight.