Contributor

Re: Help! Lost 60 lbs and now have TURKEY NECK

I also think that after a weight loss of 60 lbs. it will take about a year for your body to redistribute your body fat. That is why some people look gaunt for a while when they get to their ideal body weight. That being said, you may still want to have surgery on your neck. Have you ever heard of CARE CREDIT. It is my understanding that a lot of people use it for Dental work or procedures like plastic surgery. I have not used it myself, due to the fact that my ex-husband ruined my credit, but as I repair my credit, I am thinking of having a lower face lift or filler placed in my marionette lines. Google CARE CREDIT - It explains that can be used for cosmetic procedures. Congratulations on your weight loss!

Super Contributor

I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS on losing the weight. That is just awesome. As someone else suggested, I think you should wait until you are at goal, and then wait a little longer until your body has completely adjusted to the new you. Then, if you are still unhappy, consult a surgeon.
Trusted Contributor

On 11/26/2014 NESSADALE said:

I also think that after a weight loss of 60 lbs. it will take about a year for your body to redistribute your body fat. That is why some people look gaunt for a while when they get to their ideal body weight. That being said, you may still want to have surgery on your neck. Have you ever heard of CARE CREDIT. It is my understanding that a lot of people use it for Dental work or procedures like plastic surgery. I have not used it myself, due to the fact that my ex-husband ruined my credit, but as I repair my credit, I am thinking of having a lower face lift or filler placed in my marionette lines. Google CARE CREDIT - It explains that can be used for cosmetic procedures. Congratulations on your weight loss!

If you go in for a consultation with a good plastic surgeon, he/she can tell you what procedures may be helpful for your problem and also should be able to find out if your medical insurance may cover a procedure and if not, suggest financing strategies. This is something plastic surgeons deal with all the time. Your first step would be to check out plastic surgeons in your area and make an initial appointment.

Super Contributor

Surgery. I would do it.
Super Contributor

Don't say you can't afford it. Check teaching hospitals like Johns Hopkins. They have reduced price plastic surgery. I had work done there for a reasonable price.
Honored Contributor

Maybe the president will grant you amnesty.

Honored Contributor

Cosmetic surgery is the only solution to a sagging neck.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone.
Super Contributor

Check into prices on Ultherapy. I have not had it done, I have done and continue to do research. Takes a few months, as much as 6 months, to see full effect. As someone said, it's not cheap but it's not as expensive as surgery.

We know the situation will only get worse. Start a neck fund. Toss in spare change or if you use your debit card to shop, do the "do you want cash back?" and take $10 here and there. Especially if you put something back while shopping so you could add to the neck fund rather than the shoe closet. In a year or two, you might be able to do it.

I agree with others, there is almost nothing you can do for stretched skin. Keep it hydrated all day long, keep applying any cream, your hand cream. Make it a habit. The more hydrated the skin is the tighter it will look since the cells are puffed up. Won't be drastic, no miracles, but the neck cream you put on in the morning is pretty useless by 11:00 AM when most of it has evaporated.

The Retin A will help slow down the jiggling and in time, might help a bit with tightening. Don't stop it. You'll be happy in a few years you kept it up so that you're neck will at least look like the clock has stopped.

I'm in the exact same bought due to weight loss over the course of a year. My neck is markedly worse. I've used Retin A for years, can't imagine what it would look like if I hadn't! But loose skin is loose skin.

Consultation appointments are free. Be ready, they will sell you, doctor's are also sales people! Also go to a med spa or dermatologist for a consultation for the non-surgical options. Go to a few. The more you meet with, the more you will know and pricing can be different. But at least you will really know the options.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Esteemed Contributor

First congrats on losing 60 pounds!!!!

Between the bone and flesh is muscle. If you tighten that muscle, it may pull the "turkey neck" up. BodyBuilding.com has some muscle building exercise.

Don't be concerned about looking like a Hulk. Women don't have those hormones.

Come to think of it, neither do men.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.