Regular Contributor

Re: Hello Beauties,chapped lips.please help!

I agree with the Beekman lip balms.  Only problem is I have gotten all my siblings using it and end up being their supply line!  We all swear by it and have gone through most items metioned above.

Regular Contributor

Thank you, I will try these suggestions 😊
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Booksamillion  Burt's Bee's Lip Balms. There is a varity of flavors; read the labels for ingredients, also. Best stuff available and reasonable! At any Walgreen's.

ETA: Healthy lips should not need exfoliating ever. Be very careful of those recommendations. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Regular Contributor

Thanks Birke😊
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @BirkiLady.   Say "no" to exfoliating your lips, and use Burt's Bees Moisturizing Lip Balm.  (I haven't had chapped lips in years)  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Look for a lip balm that contains beeswax. The beeswax is a natural sealant and will help prevent moisture loss from skin, including the lips. Beeswax has many good natural properties, for example, anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and also anti-viral. So when you apply it to cracked skin then your skin will benefit from it on many levels.

The one I use has this in it:

Ingredients: Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Beeswax, Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Hemp Seed Oil (Cannabis sativa), Vitamin E (Tocopherol).

Honored Contributor

I use Skinn Lip 6x Serum nightly and throughout the day, when I think of it, and can't remember the last time I had chapped lips.  The Lip 6x Balms are good too, and convenient for carrying in a purse, gym bag, keeping in a desk, etc. but they're a little stickier.  Some have a slight tint and that's all some people like.  I prefer using the serum at home and then I am able to use any chosen lipstick or gloss when I go out.  

The serum is currently $29.99 on Evine for a 1.2 oz. container, and I know that sounds like a lot, but you only need a very small amount and the tube lasts forever.  There's a 5 pc set that included 4 balms and a lip exfoliator for the same price.  Again, the balms seem to last a long time.  

Respected Contributor

O'Keefs in the tube.  Works great in the cold, dry climate here in Colorado.  Best I've ever tried.

Honored Contributor

At night, diaper rash ointment, the kind without zinc oxide.

During the day, Nivea lip balm.    

Super Contributor

I use Paula's Choice Lip and Body Treatment Balm. Been using it for years. My lips used to peel and bleed. I've never found anything that works this good, most lip balms just sit on the lips and seem to dry them out. This is very moisturizing, not sticky or greasy. My Gramma is on oxygen and this keeps her lips from drying out.

I buy 5 or 6 every year because my family expects to get it for Christmas. Even my 5 year old nephew carries it in his little backpack and he calls it his Paula's (lol)