Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have any mature ladies found a skincare line that helps give you healthy skin?

I have been using a combo of algenist and elemis.  Several nights a week, I use Perricone overnight mask.  When I had a facial several weeks ago, the tech was surprised at how good my skin looked under the lights.  It was nice to hear since I seem to spend a fortune on my face.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Have any mature ladies found a skincare line that helps give you healthy skin?

@SXMGirl wrote:

I have been using a combo of algenist and elemis.  Several nights a week, I use Perricone overnight mask.  When I had a facial several weeks ago, the tech was surprised at how good my skin looked under the lights.  It was nice to hear since I seem to spend a fortune on my face.

Hello @SXMGirl , what Algenist products do you use?  I like their concentrated serum, I am never without that.  Congratulations on the facial comments, that is awesome!!

Esteemed Contributor

@AnnMarie-1, I am using the serum and the night cream.  There were varied reviews of the serum, but I am very pleased.  I use Elemis for cleaning, Josie Maran's exfoliating, Elemis day cream, and Elemis eye serum, along with Kate Somerville's retinol eye cream at night.  It was really nice to hear compliments on my skin.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks @SXMGirl !  I will look up those products, I am looking to try some new goodies in 2019

Valued Contributor

I probably need to get back on Retin-A. I started awhile back then quit. I have spent way to much on skincare this past year, that's for sure.

Went whole food plant based   about hree months ago so we eat very healthy,

Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl  You DO spend a fortune on your skincare, but I'm glad to hear you are getting results!Woman Happy  

@SXMGirl wrote:

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd, I am just trying to maintain and look my best.  No miracles here and I don't look 25 or 30, but I look ok for an old lady.  My friend has had two face lifts, eye lift, and neck lift in the past 5 years and looks the same to me.  At least I am not going that route!

Honored Contributor

Marula oil at bedtime works for me.  Keeps my skin at a normal range and brightens.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nadine, hi!  I’m 63 and use a variety of products.  Mornings is a wash with Dove soap followed by either No 7 Protect and Perfect SPF or L’Oréal Rose Glow moisturizer.  Gold Bond Neck and Chest Cream and philosophy hope in a Tube for eye/lip.  

Nights currently, is PTR Retinol Fusion Oil followed by the Night and Eye creams.  Waiting for the night cream and eye to run out, then will use No 7 night cream and philosophy hope in a tube for eye/lip.  

Looking to simplify my own routine

ETA:  on days I use makeup (rare) I clean my skin after removing the make up with Dove soap and my Foreo Luna sonic cleanser.  Then apply a 50/50 mix of PTR retinol and Tarte Maracuja oil.

Trusted Contributor

@brandiwine  I'm interested in which specific FAB products you use.  I looked on QVC and there are so many.  Also, is there any in the line that you didn't care for.  Thanks in advance!