Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have You Stopped Wearing Makeup and Doing Your Hair

Still shampooing as usual and showering once or twice a day.  I shave everyday, too. We are in a hot climate. DH and I wear shorts and a sports tank (me) and a T shirt (him) everyday.  I am not using heat tools on my hair - naturally curly - right now.  I am using all my facial products, but no make up.  I do, however, put concealer under my eyes and fill in my eyebrows, so I guess that is a little make up. Woman Wink I am also tweezing when needed. I think if you share space with someone, the least you can do is be clean and look presentable. 

We have sunny and warm weather every day and that helps to lift the spirts.  I feel for those of you that are in the cloudy cold climates (unless that is what you like).  Not us.  We are out in the sun everyday, but that is our choice for spending the winters.  I swear I am a solar panel. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I still shower, wash and dry my hair daily. As for makeup, I don't wear much anyway. It will soon be summer and I just sweat if off anyway. Just a bit of blusher. No bra unless I have to go somewhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am telecommuting now, so I still get up and take a shower, although later in the morning since I do not have to commute in.  I put on comfortable clothes, and I have a low maintenance hair style.

I am not bothering with makeup and it feels wonderful.  

Esteemed Contributor

I am still doing my hair...but not so much with the make up..

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely not. I get up in the morning,fix my hair & apply my makeup.Life these days is very depressing.I'm trying to keep my spirits up.Once in a while I have a lazy day,but not to often.

Getting fixed up especially now gives me a reason to get out of bed.My DH & son are having a hard time dealing with the situation. I try to hide my fear & worries by being myself for them. I'm the person holding it together for the family.If I suddenly gave up & stopped looking good, they would give up too.

Respected Contributor

Yup.  Since I stopped working last Friday, no make up, only SPF moisterizer, and letting my curly hair air dry.  I figured my skin and hair could benefit from a break.

Trusted Contributor

No. I wouldn't stop even for a nuclear war.

Respected Contributor

Nope. Unfortunately, I still have to go to work every day so it's the same routine as always. 

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

since the virus started?  I have pretty much stopped - I am still doing my mani and pedi though.

@FastDogWalker2   Fun question. I'm not straightening my hair w/ round brush, products, etc. Just letting it take a rest and air dry curly. Makeup? None, just skincare & Burt's Bee's Pomegranate Lip Balm, has some pink color. 

Honored Contributor

@SugarPuff wrote:

No, I am still showering, putting on makeup and doing my hair every day.  Why would anyone stop? 

@SugarPuff   Feels good to me knowing I don't have to...my rebellious side.