Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Stopped Wearing Makeup and Doing Your Hair

@Pook wrote:

@SugarPuff wrote:

No, I am still showering, putting on makeup and doing my hair every day.  Why would anyone stop? 

I'm with you on this one.  I do it for me and not to impress anyone when I go somewhwere!  I don't get why anyone wants to quit taking care of themselves daily just because not going anywhere!  I want to look and feel my best always.  

@Pook   I don't feel less than my best without makeup.

Respected Contributor

I just did a pedicure today and bungled up the polish on my big toe, ugh!

I am not wearing makeup, but I am doing facials. My hair is long, and I wear it in a ponytail, which is low maintenance.  I wash, dry, and style my hair, but not as often. 

Honored Contributor

No I haven't stopped. I do it for me. It's a very stressful and difficult time, so any small thing I can do for myself helps.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

No.  I live in a high-rise building and i'm in/out up/down a lot during the day.  A quick run around the corner to the deli ....

I have to "ready for my close-up" whenever I leave my apt.

Trusted Contributor

On my days off yes, but Monday at work, definitely.

Esteemed Contributor

Nope. I'm doing my makeup and coloring my hair. I can color my gray roots and trim my own long medium brown hair and I love makeup. I want to feel normal in these anxious times and showering, getting dressed and putting om makeup and fixing my hair makes me feel good.

I even bought a new Maybelline lipstick today from a Shoppers Drug Mart pharmacy. I wear a face mask when I'm shopping at pharmacies or grocery stores.

Only hardware stores, pharmacies, and grocery stores are open now and they have shortened their opening hours too. I think Starbucks will be closing all of their drive thru stores as well as having already closed their regular stores. 2 out of the 3 drive thru Starbucks were closed today and the 3rd one closed for good at 3 pm -- they had a sign on the order kiosk that they would be closing the store for good. 

There are long lines to go through the McDonalds drive thru lanes and there was a lineup outside the Home Depot store as they can only let in 50 people at a time. Yesterday after I left the Canadian Superstore grocery store, there was a lineup outside going down the ramps of people waiting to get into the store as they only are letting in a certain amount of people at a time.

I saw long lineups outside of Home Depot and people were not distancing themselves apart if they didn't have a shopping cart. I decided not to go there. I also saw outside lineups at a nearby Costco store too.

I decided to go to a Rona small hardware store instead and pick up gardening supplies from their outside garden centre so I can fix my lawn. I didn't have to be near anyone, just load up my car and pay at their outside till.

People who do not have an automobile or access to one are really at a disadvantage if you want to do take out or drive thru food buying at fast food restaurants as people aren't allowed to just walk up to the drive thru windows to order and pay for food.

Esteemed Contributor

I always do my hair and put on some makeup.  It's for me,I don't think my husband cares either way,we've been married forever.😁

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

Basically the same but giving my hair a rest from heated flat iron. Dressing more casually since I toss clothes in the washer if I run to grocery store or get take out -- if I get out of the car. Took rings off because my hands were getting so dry from washing. Trying to put lotion on more often. 

Warmer weather next week. Sunshine coming. Will take a solitude walk and the sunshine will help get me moving on household tasks. The first days I cleaned house then washed bedding and throw rugs and throw blankets. Painted front and back doors red. It was on my summer list. Rested ad nauseum. Now I'm ready for a second round. Everyone take care.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I live with my dog and I'm still doing make-up every day and get dressed first thing in the morning.  Makes me feel better.

Honored Contributor

I really haven't changed my routine because I already work from home full time.  When I started that about 5 years ago, I still do my hair but I only wear make-up on days I work from the office.  Now most of the staff is working from home except for those who have to keep the organization running from the office.  It's a skeleton crew for sure!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.