Frequent Contributor

Re: Has anyone who uses tubing mascara added argan (or other) oil to the mascara like others have done with regular mascara?

I haven't tried oil but I have added water & facial mists to my tube mascaras when they get dry. Works very well to freshen it up & get a couple more weeks out of a tube.
Honored Contributor

Re: Has anyone who uses tubing mascara added argan (or other) oil to the mascara like others have done with regular mascara?

Not me. I'm not adding anything to a tube. It seems like it wouldn't be a good idea. It seems like it might cause an infection. Like bacteria could grow in the tube.

Valued Contributor

On 2/19/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 2/19/2014 2cockers1cat said:

I've added a tiny drop of sodium hyalauronate to the Trish McEvoy mascara. It still tubed

ah interesting! And sodium hyaluronate even! Where do you purchase just sodium hyaluronate? Thanks!

I get it from Isomers, either from their website or SHQP. This time of year I put a drop in my hand and mix it into body products and hand creams when applying. It's probably available from other sources. Isomers is a mix of high and low molecular weight HA. The combination increases the moisture binding, according to the info on Isomers website,

Respected Contributor

HappyDaze, it looks like you can get some free samples of the sodium hyaluronate at skinstore.com

Honored Contributor

Thanks
===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I use Maybelline Great Lash (pink and green tube) and replace them every 3 months, so I don't have a drying issue. My mother worked for an eye doctor, she is a stickler for fresh mascara. I do a new mascara and a new brush head on my Sonicare toothbrush at the same time.
===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2014 SeaGal said:

HappyDaze, it looks like you can get some free samples of the sodium hyaluronate at skinstore.com

thanks, I will look into it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2014 HappyDaze said:

I've added a tiny drop of sodium hyalauronate to the Trish McEvoy mascara. It still tubed

ah interesting! And sodium hyaluronate even! Where do you purchase just sodium hyaluronate? Thanks!

I get it from Isomers, either from their website or SHQP. This time of year I put a drop in my hand and mix it into body products and hand creams when applying. It's probably available from other sources. Isomers is a mix of high and low molecular weight HA. The combination increases the moisture binding, according to the info on Isomers website,

ah yes, I remember seeing something from Isomers that was only SH, two different types if I remember correctly (molecular weights). Thanks for the information.

Super Contributor

I do not know what a tubing mascara is but I have added JM oil to regular mascara. It makes my lashes much healthier.

Honored Contributor

So I added baobab oil to my Kevyn Aucoin volumizing mascara- just one pump- and it works great so far (I've only used it twice since adding the oil). It doesn't clump up now, is creamier, and DOES still continue to tube. I chose baobab because it is really good for hair. Hopefully I will continue to get good results with it!