Honored Contributor

Has anyone tried Cocoa Woods by nest?

Does it have lasting power? Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: Has anyone tried Cocoa Woods by nest?

I'm a nest user... candles, perfume, body creme, etc. I have used Cocoa Woods and love the fragrance. It last most of the day for me. As you know fragrances are different on different people. I like Midnight Fleur the most, to me this one last all day.  You can't go wrong with this brand, a class act!

Trusted Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   Yes I have it and it does have lasting power.  I like it when I want to wear something different - very woodsy as described.  I like it very much - and it has NO VANILLA !!!   (I'm not a fan of vanilla).

I feel it lasts but I am not one to douse myself in perfum.  I believe that is the key to wearing any perfume, the subtle presence of the scent is never overpowering so you always smell it if that makes any sense??   

I hope you enjoy it or whomever you may be gifting it to.  I've received complements when I wear it. Smiley Happy  

Merry Christmas!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN   No, I have not.  I enjoy trying new products.  I am currently in love with Citron de Vigne and Fresh Life by Fresh.  There are other scents that are also very nice but these are my top two.  I also use the body lotions.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN I have tested a sample of it. It depends on your chemistry as far as lasting power. I liked the opening as I got the bitter sweet cacoa then as I remember it was much too woody from the mid to dry down & also it was too masculine on my skin. It did not last long, around 2hrs. I did get a point perk mini bottle from Sephora of Midnight Fluer which I do prefer, it has the notes of Midnight Jasmine & Vanilla Orchid & it does last much longer on my skin. I have a somewhat large collection of fragrances so a scent has to blow my mind for me to purchase. My newest purchase is Dolce Gabana The Only One edp. I re-purchased Dior Hypnotic Poison edt which has been one of my top fall/winter fragrances for years & now The Only One has joined the ranks lol!

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN  I have not tried this particular scent.   I LOVE PARADISE, which is somewhat tropical and her citron scent is beautiful as well.   Not sure a woodsy fragrance would be something I'd personally be drawn to.  Normally a scent lasts on me if I layer it, which is why I'm disappointed that Nest does not offer a body lotion in the Paradise fragrance.

I also use her diffusers, liquid soap in my powder room ( the grapefruit, pumpkin chai and one other)  and love her candles.  Right now I burn the HOLIDAY candle, and people always ask me about it.  I've had people comment even when it's not lit.  I only purchase when she has a sale ...   which she just had.  

Esteemed Contributor

Nest fragrances do seem to have more staying power than most. I have Cocoa Woods, but it is not my favorite, since I got it without having smelled it first. I won't do that again!

It is tucked away somewhere, so I haven't smelled it in a while. My take-away was that it was on the masculine side.

I want to try Wild Poppy with the rose, but I want to smell it first.

Regular Contributor

Love cocoa woods, but for me it does not last. I bought the roller ball on sale from sephora, but it sold out quickly and I'm starting to think I won't receive it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for all of the replies! I appreciate it!

Respected Contributor

Cocoa woods is one of my favorite fragrances and IMO it has a lot of staying power.  Almost too much!  I have to use it sparingly and generally won't wear it to work because I have a coworker who is sensitive to strong fragrances.  It's a very sexy and complex frangrance. I have people ask me, what are you wearing.  I think it's very unique as well.