Respected Contributor

Those little round silcone cleanser vs The Clarisonic

My Clarisonic died, I've had it for many moons - I keep seeing those round silicone looking cleansing devices, if you have tried both which is best do you feel?

Thank you for your input.  Example below of what I am talking about  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Those little round silcone cleanser vs The Clarisonic

I hope you get some responses because I was wondering the same thing.   The Foreo seems to get really good reviews from many of the beauty bloggers.   Of course, they may have skewed opinions because the received the Foreo for free in order to promote the product.    

My Clarisonic is still working but If the Foreo is better I wouldn't be afraid to try it.   I just want to see an opinion from someone who has it and would give a fair review.   

Contributor

I now only use the Foreo.No brushes to replace and much gentlier on the skin.

I found that my face gets cleaner .

Respected Contributor

I have both and I really prefer my Clarisonic.  It goes around my nose more easily. The silicone one doesn't glide around my nose so easily and it feels hard on my face.  I only use it once in a while nowadays.  But the silicone device is certainly more sanitary and has a much lower cost of ownership.  I have the PopSonic one which is cheaper than the Luna Foreo.

Honored Contributor

I have never tried a Clarisonic, but did try something similar once and hated it. I do love my Olay spin brush though and use that in the shower.  I also have a Foreo knockoff I use in the evening.  The only thing I don't like about it is you can't really get it wet without it dripping some. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Foreo Luna Mini and a Clarisonic Mia. For value and cost of ownership, the Foreo Luna Mini is the better option. It's also fantastic for travel because it's small and holds a charge for months at a time.

That said, I prefer the Clarisonic. The Clarisonic brushes feel better on my skin. The Foreo Luna Mini has a soft silicone outer, but the inside rigid, so it doesn't really conform to my face and I always feel like it doesn't get into the areas like the sides of my nose as well as the pliable brush of the Clarisonic. It also felt more jarring to me because the vibrating case is right up against my skin. In terms of feel and user experience, I prefer the Clarisonic.

I usually reserve the Luna Mini for travel.

Honored Contributor

I bought a Pop Sonic Spade when it was offered on the Q for half the price of what the Pop Sonic website sells it for ($100). Best thing I ever bought to clean my face and I've owned other brands of these kinds of silicone devices including a Foreo Luna which lasted for only a year. When the Foreo died then I went looking for dupe because I didn't want to spend another $100 on a new Foreo. The dupe worked out fine but what I like about the Spade is that handle! Best thing ever! The bristles are more hair-like and soft...not like the Foreo's stiffer ones. 

Pop Sonic Spade

download.jpg

fullsizeoutput_4d3_1024x1024.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I bought a Pop Sonic Spade when it was offered on the Q for half the price of what the Pop Sonic website sells it for ($100). Best thing I ever bought to clean my face and I've owned other brands of these kinds of silicone devices including a Foreo Luna which lasted for only a year. When the Foreo died then I went looking for dupe because I didn't want to spend another $100 on a new Foreo. The dupe worked out fine but what I like about the Spade is that handle! Best thing ever! The bristles are more hair-like and soft...not like the Foreo's stiffer ones. 

Pop Sonic Spade

download.jpg

fullsizeoutput_4d3_1024x1024.jpeg

That looks like it would feel more comfortable than the Foreo Luna Mini. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the shape of the Spade. I can get close to the corners of my eyes and around my nose a lot easier than the Foreo. 

ETA- The bristles are a bit longer and softer than those on a Foreo. The softer bristles seem to conform to my face, making it seem like I'm getting into all 'hills 'n valleys'...lol!

@Alison Wonderland 

Regular Contributor

I much prefer the Clarisonic. I have both, but I do not feel that the Foreo Luna cleaned as well.

I ended up gifting the Foreo to my sister. My daughter also has both. She uses the Foreo to apply her serum and lotions and uses the Clarisonic to cleanse.